Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2014, 02:59 PM

1,821 posts, read 2,899,594 times

Advertisements

I remember the County Seat in Dadeland. Every color of Levi's cords available. I was a size 0 and I could actually find pants that fit. This was in the 70's when 0 wasn't as common as it is now.

The ramp isn't there anymore? I only remember a front one. The back had the circular ramp.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2014, 02:00 AM

501 posts, read 1,882,519 times
Exclamation Kendall Breakfast Place? + Updates

I believe the restaurant at the movie strip mall at Kendall/SW 97th? or 107th? everyone's trying to remember was "Applebee's" -- the original prototype that became the chain we know today. Even though it sold, it still retained the same name for a long time.

I remember the parking garage at the back of Burdine's at Dadeland had a "straight up" ramp to the second floor. I had a convertible in high school and liked to take dates to the restaurant there on the second floor that had an entrance from the roof parking lot garage. The circular ramp was added later when they added more stories to the parking garage in the 1980's?

After 50 years, Arango Design at Dadeland closed this year due to rent increases. It was truly an interesting and unique place. (They apparently still have a warehouse in the Bird Road Arts District I look forward to visiting.)

Gardner's Market original location in South Miami closed and now is based on Bird Avenue in the Grove. I loved shopping at that store and at Sunset Drugs, including their fountain lunch counter that stayed opened through the '80's (at least).

I grew up on Marshall Major's, Sam & Carl's (best/cheapest breakfasts EVER!), Pumpernik's, Wolfies, Rascal House, The Glorified, etc. Any good deli's left (or opened) worth visiting in S. Florida anymore? (Apparently Jerry's from L.A. is now closed on SoBe?)

It's funny that NY deli, Cuban and Island cuisine are the staples I grew up on in Miami and are "comfort foods" to me today!

Old 10-27-2014, 02:20 PM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Marshall Major's was great for breakfast and affordable. It seems like nothing is affordable anymore and most places are a ripoff.

I heard the daughter of the founder of Marshall Major's has a catering business somewhere in Florida.

Old 11-10-2014, 10:54 AM

1 posts, read 1,646 times
The frame shop in the Village Mall was called the Frame Game. I still have several pictures up in my house that were framed there.

Old 11-10-2014, 01:25 PM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
I noticed that the Van Orsdel on Bird Road is going to be demolished, wanna bet another bank, pharmacy or medical center ends up there?

Old 11-11-2014, 01:18 AM

253 posts, read 434,368 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I noticed that the Van Orsdel on Bird Road is going to be demolished, wanna bet another bank, pharmacy or medical center ends up there?
I wondered about that. There seemed to be lack of activity lately, and not kept up as well. Then tonight I noticed the fence surrounding it. There was a sign but I zipped past without being able to read it.

A bit sentimental to me because they handled my mom's funeral in 2008, including her viewing. Then I went there first when my father died in 2012, although they directed me to the Van Orsdel in Coral Gables.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:55 AM

4 posts, read 8,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
For all you who remember the Kendale Lakes Mall area, Don Carter's, etc. so well, what was the name of the little video game arcade just off the south west side of 137th and Kendall Drive?
There was an ice cream shop over there( maybe Haagen-Dazs), Strictly Tennis, etc.

Riverboat playhouse

Old 01-25-2015, 07:18 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theisonews View Post
Riverboat playhouse
I remember that as Hot Wheels skating center. The disco skating rink with a game room with shag carpeted walls.

Old 01-25-2015, 11:40 AM

2,886 posts, read 5,823,786 times
Wasn't Hot Wheels located in the Devonaire shopping center. The Riverboat playhouse was across from El Dorado on Kendall Drive.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:01 AM

6,853 posts, read 22,459,078 times
^^^ Yes, Hot Wheels is still there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami