Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-07-2011, 09:39 PM

3,848 posts, read 9,327,662 times

Advertisements

The two mentioned do nightly, but I believe month to month as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-08-2011, 04:33 AM

149 posts, read 465,953 times
I am starting to think West Palm Beach may be the best fit for me in terms of rent price for a fairly nice place.

Old 08-08-2011, 08:56 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,325,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike10693 View Post
I am starting to think West Palm Beach may be the best fit for me in terms of rent price for a fairly nice place.
You will hate WPB if you're 25. It's a lot of old people. Hollywood or Ft. Lauderdale is a better bet for you and you will be closer to Miami so that you can go there with friends on the weekend.

I personally love Brickell. It is the most urban/mature area in South FL coming from a NYC perspective. I live in NJ, but work on Park Ave in Manhattan.... I also like Delray Beach a lot.

However, if I were 25 and moving to South FL, I would move here.... this place has great amenities...the gym is sick (David Barton), amazing pool areas, located on the Bay...walking distance to Lincoln Road. Maybe you can find a roomate.... Flamingo South Beach Center Tower | Miami Beach, FL | Home

Old 08-08-2011, 08:57 AM

3,848 posts, read 9,327,662 times
I'm not familiar with PBC with the exception of the airport I would recommend you find an area not terribly far from Tri-Rail if you do end up there. Going to PBC as opposed to just Broward doubled your time to get to Miami.

Old 08-08-2011, 09:31 AM

1,947 posts, read 3,325,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut1 View Post
I'm not familiar with PBC with the exception of the airport I would recommend you find an area not terribly far from Tri-Rail if you do end up there. Going to PBC as opposed to just Broward doubled your time to get to Miami.
My sister lives in Palm Beach Gardens. It's nice, but very boring. I couldn't imagine driving in rush hour to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:01 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiLIFE View Post
My sister lives in Palm Beach Gardens. It's nice, but very boring. I couldn't imagine driving in rush hour to Miami or Ft. Lauderdale.
what is boring vs not boring?

Old 08-08-2011, 10:42 AM

420 posts, read 823,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cixcell View Post
what is boring vs not boring?
suburbs are boring man. I know you live in Homestead and that is decidedly rural and I will say peaceful, but there is something to be said about how boring suburban sprawls are. There is nothing to do, everything is a far drive away, it's not quiet enough like a rural area to be alone with your thoughts and has the noise of kids, lawn mowers, garbage trucks, etc, yet it is not noisy and lively enough like a city.

Old 08-08-2011, 10:46 AM

2,217 posts, read 4,268,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhatTheHellMan View Post
suburbs are boring man. I know you live in Homestead and that is decidedly rural and I will say peaceful, but there is something to be said about how boring suburban sprawls are. There is nothing to do, everything is a far drive away, it's not quiet enough like a rural area to be alone with your thoughts and has the noise of kids, lawn mowers, garbage trucks, etc, yet it is not noisy and lively enough like a city.
gotcha. thanks for defining that.

Old 08-08-2011, 12:47 PM

140 posts, read 269,090 times
To the OP: I would look for roomates and look for a place in either South Beach, Brickell, or Coral Gables. All three of those places are expensive; but with roomates, you should be able to find a place where your share is ~$800.

If you live in Miami and you find a job in Broward, you will be commuting against traffic. This makes a huge difference. I used to live in Brickell while my job was in Hollywood. My commute was between 25-30 minutes door to door. If you live in Broward county or north of that, commuting to Miami would be a miserable experience.

Lastly, living in any the three areas I mentioned above would allow you to enjoy South Florida a lot more. Lots of young people from other areas of the country and from abroad move to those neighborhoods all year round. That will give you a better chance to make social connections and to be around people with the same interests as you.

Old 08-08-2011, 02:20 PM

149 posts, read 465,953 times
Thanks a lot guys. Great information. There have to be some young people my age in West Palm Beach and things to do for nightlife. I mean it is still South Florida right? I think FTL and Miami may be too pricy. Maybe Hollywood is better than West Palm Beach though? Both seem similar in prices.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami