Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami
 [Register]
Miami Miami-Dade County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2011, 07:46 AM

18,069 posts, read 18,818,113 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
I wonder how you can conceal your piece in jogging shorts?
Easy, they sell holsters that strap to your body, sort of like those heart monitors and iPod carrying things. It is stretchable, comfortable, and you wear it along your waist line, the pistol will be most comfortable in the small of your back and no one can see it unless you wear a tight shirt or something.

Of course you are not going to be concealing a Desert Eagle or anything.

There are also people that carry in a small backpack or similar item when running, a person has much less time to react to the deadly force incident, but I guess they feel something is better than nothing.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-04-2011, 10:31 AM

9,324 posts, read 26,749,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manolón View Post
wuaname

If you jog at any residential area near FIU or Doral at night, they will call the cops on you. That area has not a lot of crime, but there are many paranoid old ladies. FIU Campus, but sometimes Campus Police does not like joggers at night. I wouldn't jog at any park at the wee hours of the night.
The campus police at FIU seems to be on a power trip. I had one of them stop my car on coral way and while I called 911 for metro police he became offended. Was hoping he would write some kind of ticket so I could file a lawsuit. Made the excuse I had a burned out light which was a complete lie.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:33 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallrick View Post
The campus police at FIU seems to be on a power trip. I had one of them stop my car on coral way and while I called 911 for metro police he became offended. Was hoping he would write some kind of ticket so I could file a lawsuit. Made the excuse I had a burned out light which was a complete lie.
On Coral Way? Why even stop? I guess you didn't know at first. What a joke. They are over zealous. When I was as student there they were parking ticket nazis. Tons of wannabe employees of the criminal justice system. I agree, the ego trip is taken to far on the campus and aparently off campus as well.

Old 06-04-2011, 03:39 PM

2,987 posts, read 10,135,910 times
And regarding jogging at night in Miami....

I have a large dog I walk in the evenings (around 9PM) when I get home...and I don't have any issues. but I don't see "joggers" and I have a female neighbor who only walks on certain streets at night with her large dog, since there are drunks or homeless people milling about and it is kind of deserted for a woman.

I think the answer depends on the area and how well lit, but mainly, go by what you see. If there aren't any other joggers or people walking their dogs, don't be a rebel. There is probably a reason for it.

Old 06-04-2011, 07:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chelito23 View Post
On Coral Way? Why even stop? I guess you didn't know at first. What a joke. They are over zealous. When I was as student there they were parking ticket nazis. Tons of wannabe employees of the criminal justice system. I agree, the ego trip is taken to far on the campus and aparently off campus as well.
I know someone who was stopped going southbound on 117 ave as well. We both went to the campus to file complaints. It was not evident what car was following me till I had stopped in Tropical Park. Hard to believe how the attitude at FIU has changed since I attended classes there.

Old 06-04-2011, 08:57 PM

4,968 posts, read 10,196,322 times
FIU cops followed you all the way to Tropical Park? Do they have the jurisdiction permit for that???

That's crazy

Old 06-04-2011, 09:28 PM

108 posts, read 230,687 times
Well, it took me almost 25 minutes JUST to get to tropical park earlier today.. but in the day time.. Hammocks someone mentioned, is ok at night by the lake but very dark, I used to live there.. I'm truthfully disappointed .. I hadn't lived in Dade for the last 6-7 years.. what a difference from Weston ...

I've seen people jogging at FIU, but where the F(ck do you park without a parking decal? I've seen people jog at Baptist as someone suggested, but not sure at night...

Old 06-04-2011, 09:32 PM

Yeah, I mentioned Hammocks, but not the lake. I was referring to the area where the bright white lights are located.

I have to go with Baptist hospital as well... been there many times at 2 am and it was always lit.

Old 06-05-2011, 12:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WINTERFRONT View Post
FIU cops followed you all the way to Tropical Park? Do they have the jurisdiction permit for that???

That's crazy
Actually I meant Tamiami Park, I guess I have begun to forget about places in Dade that I used to go to.

Old 06-05-2011, 08:00 AM

oh

mehhh

that's not crazy....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Florida > Miami