Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2013, 06:05 PM

485 posts, read 2,244,609 times

Advertisements

I think maybe Ecuador and Lima, Peru...I heard some Ecuadorians and they sounded like Mexicans. Also when I heard the accent from Lima, it sounded a lot like from Mexico, DF
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2013, 06:24 PM

626 posts, read 1,239,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
I think maybe Ecuador and Lima, Peru...I heard some Ecuadorians and they sounded like Mexicans. Also when I heard the accent from Lima, it sounded a lot like from Mexico, DF

Not really.

. An Ecuadorian from the highland/sierra, will speak different from an Ecuadorian from the coast. Even the Northwest region (Esmeraldas province) that borders Colombia will bring their own way of speaking, this due to the Afro-Ecuadorian influence.
They may use words and phrases influenced by Mexican tv shows (novelas) and movies, but other than that, I doubt the accent is the same as the Mexican.

. Having said that, I have had many good Peruvian friends, and their accent is similar to coastal Ecuadorian....if they are from Lima...but hardly similar to Mexican speak.

My .2 cents....back to my box.

Old 11-17-2013, 06:40 PM

485 posts, read 2,244,609 times
oh ok, then which south american countries?

Is the Mexican accent and Mexican spanish very unique?

Old 11-17-2013, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joseanto071 View Post
oh ok, then which south american countries?

Is the Mexican accent and Mexican spanish very unique?
Hardly any (if any) South American country will speak with a Mexican accent.
I think Mexico and Central American countries (excluding Panamá and maybe Costa Rica) will have more in common.

Again...back to my box.

Old 11-18-2013, 03:22 PM

836 posts, read 2,947,288 times
Even in Mexico there are different accents, people living in Mexico City speaks differently to those living in Queretaro, Chiapas or Nuevo Leon.

The northeast accent is different than northwest accent.

Is difficult to find similar accent, although for practical purposes the Mexican accent is more neutral in the Spanish World and that's why most movies or television series are bent to that accent.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:03 PM

632 posts, read 932,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mexguy View Post

Is difficult to find similar accent, although for practical purposes the Mexican accent is more neutral in the Spanish World and that's why most movies or television series are bent to that accent.
I would disagree. I would say the Colombian/Venezuelan accent is the most neutral in the Spanish world.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:15 PM

836 posts, read 2,947,288 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post
I would disagree. I would say the Colombian/Venezuelan accent is the most neutral in the Spanish world.
Actors who come from Colombia and Venezuela to work in the media are instructed to leave their accent and bring it closer to Mexico.

Almost all movies dubbed in Spanish in Latin America are bent Mexico neutral accent.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:18 PM

1,267 posts, read 3,073,412 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd_96 View Post

I would disagree. You see what most people dont know is that Mexico is a very large country with many accents, plus you have the americanize and bastarnized spanish accent in the U.S.

What most of us hear in the U.S is very americanize or poor spanish from mexican americans and the poor immigrants from Mexico who did not receive that well of an education.

The standard Mexican accent is the most neutral though, way more than the colombian. The colombians speak in "Usted" form, respectful yes, but it is not used in other countries. While Mexico and most of Spanish America use "tu".

Most of the American films that are dubbed are in the formal Mexican spanish Accent.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:50 PM

632 posts, read 932,305 times
Quote:
Actors who come from Colombia and Venezuela to work in the media are instructed to leave their accent and bring it closer to Mexico.

Almost all movies dubbed in Spanish in Latin America are bent Mexico neutral accent.
Ok. But wouldn't Mexico also be the largest Spanish speaking market in Latin America? So maybe there's a tendency to appeal to Mexicans. No proof, just a thought.

Old 11-18-2013, 04:55 PM

Quote:

Naturally....because that is who is paying (Mexican media).

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > World Forums > Mexico