Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-30-2012, 10:01 PM

3,565 posts, read 7,990,772 times

Advertisements

DCVDNS - Mein Mercedes ("Brille" Das Album - 24.02.12) - YouTube

Rough Translation (via Google Translate):

My Mercedes!

Running one hundred on the highway
My right foot is at full throttle
From zero to a hundred miles an hour
In little less than a minute
But I'll go 'eh' rather seventy, because
With a hundred is' dangerous and too fast
Elbow out the window, at the wheel Fickbewegungen
'm Not airbag go, but I'm not a gangster
I park 'mostly on the passenger side
Because I feel safer on the sidewalk to get out
And I have no central
Therefore I have to shut off
And on the road would be too dangerous
Because then you could die
I drive with my Mercedes on tour and dog ****
That's about the same as under the FR tire
Unfortunately, only a not so good experience
For me and my Mercedes!

My Mercedes!
My Mercedes!
My Mercedes!
My Mercedes!

Living on the street,
For he is a gangster, and is named
Stroke 8 or W114
He is one of the oldie OGs in the quarter
Choke draw wait, now only 'half a minute
Start motor drive off, and park
My Benz makes me objektophil,
Because I'm loving it so endlessly
Excuse me, who takes a picture of the two of us
How do I keep my dick in his exhaust
I want to put the picture on the internet
In the hope of discovering that there are small children
And even if the whole world is watching us, we disappear,
For you are my Mercedes star in the sky
And even if you are eventually lowered
You remain my Mercedes!

My Mercedes!
My Mercedes!
My Mercedes!
My Mercedes!

What's up? Uh!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 03:45 PM

10,581 posts, read 9,795,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse69 View Post
No way, I'd hate a $100 to $120 oil change, and they're mostly gas guzzlers. To me, they're just for image!
Why are the oil changes so expensive?

Do Mercedes use different oil, or a super filter, or....??

Old 05-27-2013, 04:36 PM

24,508 posts, read 26,051,503 times
Mercedes® Deck Lid Stars

Old 05-27-2013, 08:01 PM

17,369 posts, read 22,129,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Little-Acorn View Post
Why are the oil changes so expensive?

Do Mercedes use different oil, or a super filter, or....??
$150-160 per hour labor rates and expensive parts starts the "overcharge" ball rolling.....

I have bought 3 brand new MB's over the last 10 years, the cheapest being a new E500 (58K) and I think they are overrated. I have had 3 new Audi's and a new BMW also and thought they were better cars though one Audi was lemon lawed due to a never ending oil leak.....the replacement was an A8 that suffered only a broken cup holder the whole time I had it (50K miles) and it was from jamming an oversized water bottle in it.

Old 05-27-2013, 08:36 PM

9,531 posts, read 15,902,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Guy997S View Post
$150-160 per hour labor rates and expensive parts starts the "overcharge" ball rolling.....

I have bought 3 brand new MB's over the last 10 years, the cheapest being a new E500 (58K) and I think they are overrated. I have had 3 new Audi's and a new BMW also and thought they were better cars though one Audi was lemon lawed due to a never ending oil leak.....the replacement was an A8 that suffered only a broken cup holder the whole time I had it (50K miles) and it was from jamming an oversized water bottle in it.
agreed on the labor rates and expensive "parts" that go into that oil change... although I got a coupon for $99 oil change for this coming Friday. Gotta take advantage of it. Keep in mind even if you do it yourself with the synthetic oil and MB-recommended filter it will be over $75. A regular car needing a conventional oil change every 3 months @ $20 each comes out to the same or more.

With regard to MB vs. Audi vs. BMW. MB is the most reliable of the 3 from personal experience. It's also the most boring.

Old 10-21-2014, 10:32 PM

9 posts, read 23,442 times
Your going to love it! Mercedes is the best.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:05 AM

11,155 posts, read 29,349,678 times
the Best Mercedes is the G-wagon in in terms of being built to take abuse and be reliable but then again it has not changed much since it first came out and it being built to be used as a military or armoured VIP as their main market for high volume sales

In one can say the say that the Civilian version is actually more luxurious but has more electronic gimmicks ad luxury added on that make it less reliable then the stripped down versions as for their more common bread and butter SUVs they are not that great compared to other SUVs that compete with them in the entry and Mid-Level Luxury SUV market.

Plus the base price of a G-Wagon also insure that the owner can afford to maintain it and that they are not the average customer that buys a X-3 or X-5 also the Unimog is pretty reliable and while it is not a great city vehicle and the fuel economy is not going to be the one thing that helps to sell them as they also appeal to a totally different market beyond the average consumers basic needs to daily drive.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:13 AM

1,418 posts, read 2,549,354 times
I want to buy a Mercedes but Im worried about maintaing it. Is there a handbook for dummies that shows you step by step how to fix and maintain a Benz?

Old 10-22-2014, 12:33 AM

14,317 posts, read 22,408,289 times
I'll take the BMW 750i over any Mercedes, if I'm going to go the high-maintenance cost route. Even under warranty, I'd take the 750.

Old 10-22-2014, 12:43 AM

4,709 posts, read 5,074,047 times
Stats prove Japanese makes to suffer less breakdowns than others. So logic states they are the best.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Automotive > Brand-specific forums > Mercedes-Benz and Smart