Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-06-2023, 06:48 PM

3,620 posts, read 1,844,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
https://www.redfin.com/MA/Sturbridge.../home/16612206

How about this place in Sturbridge. I like the look of the place... but I'm guessing 930k all the way out in Sturbridge isn't gonna fly. They did get someone to bite but they backed out. Property taxes might be kinda high... already 12k and that's at 677k assessment. 229 DOM.
Yeah, any town east of Worcester that place would have had multiple bids and be sold by now.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-06-2023, 06:55 PM

Since houses near power lines have been a hot topic here....how about this one in Burlington. Imagine lounging in your pool that's basically directly under high voltage wires ! I wonder what sucker is going to buy this place for $850K??? https://www.realtor.com/realestatean...=srp-list-card

Old 11-06-2023, 07:35 PM

16,396 posts, read 8,198,277 times
Wow. That house is way worse than the Duxbury one IMO. Dated and the power lines for 850k. Times sure have changed. Apparently Burlington is desirable these days

Old 11-06-2023, 07:54 PM

2,352 posts, read 1,780,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Wow. That house is way worse than the Duxbury one IMO. Dated and the power lines for 850k. Times sure have changed. Apparently Burlington is desirable these days
It's real close to the Burlington office area.

Old 11-06-2023, 11:34 PM

849 posts, read 554,706 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yesmaybe View Post
It's real close to the Burlington office area.
Burlington offers a convenient living environment, particularly for those employed in the vicinity. The town provides easy access to shopping centers, great dining options, movie theaters, and a Barnes & Noble. Furthermore, Boston is reachable in less than 30 minutes when traffic is favorable.

While some residents of Massachusetts may find it less prestigious when compared to nearby towns like Lexington and Bedford, young professionals from out-of-state and other countries may not share the same sentiment.

Old 11-07-2023, 06:01 AM

360 posts, read 141,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MtPleasantDream View Post
Burlington offers a convenient living environment, particularly for those employed in the vicinity. The town provides easy access to shopping centers, great dining options, movie theaters, and a Barnes & Noble. Furthermore, Boston is reachable in less than 30 minutes when traffic is favorable.

While some residents of Massachusetts may find it less prestigious when compared to nearby towns like Lexington and Bedford, young professionals from out-of-state and other countries may not share the same sentiment.
Ding, ding, ding. While Burlington may not pass the local snob test, it offers a lot for people who don't care much about that. It's convenient to a lot of things, has plenty of business in/near town, access to a ton of entertainment options, and is still at a slightly lower price than some neighboring towns. I know a number of younger professionals/mid-30s types that live there and love it. None of them bought within the last year or so, but they still had to pay plenty at the time. It's not my personal cup of tea (too congested for me, holiday season there gives me anxiety just thinking about it), but I absolutely see the appeal.

Now that particular listing? No thanks.

Old 11-07-2023, 06:07 AM

Towns close to Boston have become more appealing over the last decade or so. It's just interesting to see these that are one point people had little interest in become hot places to live.

Old 11-07-2023, 08:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
Towns close to Boston have become more appealing over the last decade or so. It's just interesting to see these that are one point people had little interest in become hot places to live.
Shouldn't be surprising. When $1M is what it takes to buy a starter home in towns close to Boston, the ones further out suddenly become ok enough to live/buy in.

Old 11-07-2023, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iced_Coffee View Post
Ding, ding, ding. While Burlington may not pass the local snob test, it offers a lot for people who don't care much about that. It's convenient to a lot of things, has plenty of business in/near town, access to a ton of entertainment options, and is still at a slightly lower price than some neighboring towns. I know a number of younger professionals/mid-30s types that live there and love it. None of them bought within the last year or so, but they still had to pay plenty at the time. It's not my personal cup of tea (too congested for me, holiday season there gives me anxiety just thinking about it), but I absolutely see the appeal.

Now that particular listing? No thanks.
I haven't been near Burlington during holiday season in recent years....does it still get crazy backed up on Route 3 and 128? I thought malls were kind of dead now since more opt for online shopping? I can't even remember the last time I went to Burlington mall but it has to be at least 7 years ago.

Old 11-07-2023, 08:08 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by newenglandgal123 View Post
Shouldn't be surprising. When $1M is what it takes to buy a starter home in towns close to Boston, the ones further out suddenly become ok enough to live/buy in.
I think a lot of it has to do with how awful traffic has become. More people want to be as close to Boston as possible to avoid those 'soul crushing' commutes. That is people who need to be in Boston for work, which is a lot of people.

Anytime I hear or see Burlington I just think of Burlington coat factory.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts