Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-02-2021, 07:53 AM

16,325 posts, read 8,162,213 times

Advertisements

I am member of the Milton facebook page and someone mentioned they went for a walk in the blue hills area and came across half of a fawn...apparently just the rear and back legs. It must have been a coyote. I realize this is not humans killing an animal and simply nature but obviously this is not what people want to see on a walk in the woods.

I have a hard time with humans feeling they are dominant over animals so that means we can kill them and eat them. I believe we are here to share the earth with animals. The thought of slaughterhouses really bother me but I dont know that it means that humans shouldn't eat animals. I mean if we didn't eat animals like cows and chickens I'm not sure those animals would even exist. I don't think people would bother to keep cows on a farm just as pets. It's complicated but I do see where the OP is coming from. Many humans believe the animals are here on earth for us to eat.

Don't even get me started on safari hunters or people who hunt for sport. Those people deserve to rot in hell.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-02-2021, 07:55 AM

15,789 posts, read 20,487,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupaloop View Post
Thank you. You are most kind. You might change your mind after this post, but hopefully not.
Don't change my mind at all. My wife is vegetarian, anti-hunting and anti-gun and pretty liberal. We are an interesting mix and get along fine.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:17 AM

978 posts, read 674,167 times
Similar troll thread by OP was closed in the NH forums. They like this subject from time to time over the last 12 years. Just sayin.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:25 AM

Well if they were really trolling I guess they were certainly fed here...

Old 06-02-2021, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by homestead123 View Post
Similar troll thread by OP was closed in the NH forums. They like this subject from time to time over the last 12 years. Just sayin.
I was actively reading that thread and did not get the impression the OP was a troll at all. They were actively engaged in the thread and participating both there and here.

Just because the OP entertained a similar question years ago and didn't act then doesn't mean they can't revisit a life decision and seek out new information.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:35 AM

Default re

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
I was actively reading that thread and did not get the impression the OP was a troll at all. They were actively engaged in the thread and participating both there and here.

Just because the OP entertained a similar question years ago and didn't act then doesn't mean they can't revisit a life decision and seek out new information.
Agree...just because someone has the same issue or question over a few years doesn't mean it isn't a real issue. Doesn't mean it's fake or trolling.

Old 06-02-2021, 08:42 AM

3,808 posts, read 3,137,538 times
Quote:

Agreed. Regardless of whether one agrees with OP or not, dismissing their comments as 'trolling' just seems like a method of trying to minimize their credibility.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:04 AM

82 posts, read 77,057 times
Quote:

I am completely sickened by the accusations of being a troll on the NH thread. It was all going well enough until some guy changed the tone by saying I had "mental issues" because I started a similar thread in 2009 and how could it POSSIBLY take someone that many years to figure things out. What the rude poster didn't know is that we WERE actually making plans to move to NH when my mother died suddenly and very unexpectedly and our lives got turned upside down. Then shortly after her death we decided to temporarily move to FL to be near my father because he had health issues and I wanted to spend time with him. It made me angry that someone could be so incredibly insensitive and make assumptions about people they don't even know. So I defended myself. Then the thread just went downhill from there.

It's sad to see that the live free or die motto seems to only apply to those who own guns, hunt and vote Republican. If someone like me whose idea of living free is being able to experience peace and quiet on my land without worrying about hunters disrespecting my no hunting signs, well we're just a stupid lib who should stay put in our "nanny state". One guy even said that his friend volunteers as an emergency responder and won't help someone who bought 54 acres and posted their land against trespassing. Real nice, huh?

The thread got ugly. And that is why I posted the lyrics to the Metallica song, rather than try to reason with the people attacking me. They cannot be reasoned with. I've been trying for decades. I didn't even realize they closed the thread. So I'm guessing the Mod thought I was a troll too??

BTW, your wife sounds like the kinda gal I'd love to befriend.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:13 AM

12,395 posts, read 9,502,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msRB311 View Post
I am member of the Milton facebook page and someone mentioned they went for a walk in the blue hills area and came across half of a fawn...apparently just the rear and back legs. It must have been a coyote. I realize this is not humans killing an animal and simply nature but obviously this is not what people want to see on a walk in the woods.

I have a hard time with humans feeling they are dominant over animals so that means we can kill them and eat them. I believe we are here to share the earth with animals. The thought of slaughterhouses really bother me but I dont know that it means that humans shouldn't eat animals. I mean if we didn't eat animals like cows and chickens I'm not sure those animals would even exist. I don't think people would bother to keep cows on a farm just as pets. It's complicated but I do see where the OP is coming from. Many humans believe the animals are here on earth for us to eat.

Don't even get me started on safari hunters or people who hunt for sport. Those people deserve to rot in hell.
I am a gun owner, but for target, range fun and self-defense. I don't hunt - have killed some animals and didn't enjoy it (all I could think was "I broke it").

While there are some "hunters" who will shoot at anything just because, or who combine drinking with hunting, there are also plenty of ethical hunters, and I certainly don't think ill of the latter. They're enjoying the outdoors, studying their quarry and learning to outwit them, putting food on the family table, and for many, also carrying on family traditions they learned from a parent.

Wild animals who fall to the gun in the end, still have a far better life than factory-farmed animals who get herded into the slaughterhouse.

Old 06-02-2021, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupaloop View Post
BTW, your wife sounds like the kinda gal I'd love to befriend.

Yeah, but then you'd have to deal with me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts