Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-21-2020, 06:37 PM

7,241 posts, read 4,552,074 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonMike7 View Post
We got our results today (negative) and it took 6 days for the results to come back. So a lot of the numbers we are seeing now may not be reflective of new cases, but previously existing. It’s going to take a week or two to get enough data to see trends forming
https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...ronavirus-test

The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has approved the first coronavirus diagnostic test that can be conducted entirely at the point of care.

The test from California-based Cepheid will deliver results in about 45 minutes — much faster than current tests that require a sample to be sent to a centralized lab, where results can take days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-21-2020, 06:49 PM

1,899 posts, read 1,405,307 times
Quote:
We got our results today (negative)
That’s great to hear and I hope your family member is on the road to recovery.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:06 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
So everyone will be working from home for 18 months you think ?
I'm just going by what the experts have said. There's a possibility that the malaria drug will work.

Bridge, you have a white collar job which allows you to work from home. Consider yourself very fortunate as only a small percentage of the general population have that luxury. A lot of people live paycheck to paycheck and are (or will be) out of work. How are they going to pay their rent/mortgage and other bills? The $1,000 check from the gov't won't go far.

For most of us on here, the current situation is an inconvenience and our main concerns (other than getting the virus) are running out of food and toilet paper. Those less fortunate are trying to figure out how to not get evicted from their homes.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:07 PM

17,743 posts, read 9,202,314 times
Quote:
We got our results today (negative)
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post

Old 03-21-2020, 07:19 PM

15,799 posts, read 20,513,219 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by porterhouse View Post
Thanks. Still in hospital but it looks like they are finally on the path to recovery.

Old 03-21-2020, 07:24 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
I think the only people who don’t have to worry about their jobs right now are medical professionals, cops and firefighters. Anyone else is fair game. There already have been layoffs of restaurant workers and gym workers, daycare workers. Salons are next to close. It’s crazy.

I am happy I can continue to work from home. If it really goes on for 6 months or more I just don’t see companies keeping everyone around. However they have to be careful because I could see there being a lot of wrongful termination lawsuits. You better have good reason to let someone go.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:30 PM

2,353 posts, read 1,780,522 times
https://www.wcvb.com/article/inmate-...-say/31846456#

Guy doing life at Bridgewater prison tested positive.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:32 PM

2,556 posts, read 2,285,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bridge781 View Post
I think the only people who don’t have to worry about their jobs right now are medical professionals, cops and firefighters. Anyone else is fair game. There already have been layoffs of restaurant workers and gym workers, daycare workers. Salons are next to close. It’s crazy.

I am happy I can continue to work from home. If it really goes on for 6 months or more I just don’t see companies keeping everyone around. However they have to be careful because I could see there being a lot of wrongful termination lawsuits. You better have good reason to let someone go.
Not really. Your employer can let you go for any reason, except for certain protected statuses. In other words, they can't let you go for being a woman or African American or disabled, etc. But if they need to eliminate your position for financial records, they sure can.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:37 PM

18,726 posts, read 33,396,751 times
Quote:
Thanks. Still in hospital but it looks like they are finally on the path to recovery.
Such good news. Best wishes.

Old 03-21-2020, 08:49 PM

2,674 posts, read 1,547,966 times
Default Re

Quote:
Originally Posted by bizcuit View Post
Not really. Your employer can let you go for any reason, except for certain protected statuses. In other words, they can't let you go for being a woman or African American or disabled, etc. But if they need to eliminate your position for financial records, they sure can.
And someone can also sue. Happens all the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts