Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2014, 12:25 PM

2 posts, read 2,360 times

Advertisements

my family will move to Boston Area this summer. Husband will work in Lowell.
We have 2 school-age kids. We choice to live in Acton due to better school.

I have a few questions:
1, which elementary school is good? or what is the different between those 6 schools?

2, apartments, we will need two bedrooms and with onsite storage/garage since we have lots of stuff.
We are looking for short-time lease only 6-10 months, since we will buy a house soon.

3, how is the traffic from Acton to Lowell? It is only 20 miles form the google map.

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2014, 05:57 PM

6,301 posts, read 9,712,872 times
2. This will be difficult. Not many short-term rentals or places to rent with a garage, around here. For storage, best to pursue offsite storage facility options.

3. Acton to Lowell, should be 20 min (I've done it.) no more than 30 min in the thickest traffic.

Old 05-02-2014, 09:12 AM

2 posts, read 2,360 times
Thanks, 495neighbor!

I checked online, Avalon Acton has short-term lease with storage onsite. But, it is quite pricy, $2500-3000/month.
Since we have a piano, I prefer first floor. Maybe I just pay for the high price, need some time to adjust to high cost of living in Boston.

Old 05-06-2014, 09:32 AM

2 posts, read 3,859 times
1. They all have pros and cons. McCarthy Towne/Merriam are in the same building, and also the newest building. They are a little more "non-traditional" in their education style. I forget which one, but one of those two has the children call the teachers by first names and the assessment is project-based (no grades). I lived in Acton and attended Douglas as a child, which is in an older building but was very strong academically (we were always vying with Gates & Conant for best MCAS scores). Blanchard is the biggest but also the farthest away if you will be in Acton. If quality of education is the most important thing to you, I would recommend Douglas or Conant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts