Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-09-2010, 09:19 AM

4,399 posts, read 10,681,839 times

Advertisements

I recieved a job offer for a job in boxborough. And I was looking for suggestions for where to live. I live in Attleboro now and the commute is long so I'd like to move out there(though from my research so far I much prefer Attleboro).
1 bedroom or studio
$750 or less(hopefully)

Closer to boston the better, however since I'm way to far for the T it doesn't really matter, close to work as possible. I'm 24 and single but it seems like Boxborough is very rural/suburban, I prefer urban with things to do for young people but it seems like I'm out of luck in this department. Looking for the most I can get for the money.
No kids so schools don't matter, only has to be reasonably safe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2010, 10:47 PM

18,737 posts, read 33,437,811 times
There are plenty of apartments in both towns, esp. Acton, and as far as I know, they'd both be deadly for "young/single." All the outlying towns/suburbs are.
You might consider living in Arlington and driving west on 2 to work in Bboro. A much better place for a young person (and very safe) and, besides the restaurants/movie in East Arlington, very very close to Cambridge/Boston and all that a 24-year-old person could want. The drive west on Rt.2 is against business-hour traffic, so that shouldn't be a problem (I should know- I work third shift, and drive west on Rt.2 at rush hour in the morning- everyone lined up going east, I'm goint west).
Yes, I absolutely recommend East/Arlington Center. Any further into town is much more expensive (esp. car insurance) and a harder traffic mess to get to Rt.2.
Best wishes.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts