Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2011, 06:59 AM

5 posts, read 11,616 times

Advertisements

I am looking to rent out my house in Melrose. Does anyone have any experience with rentals or know who I should contact? Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2011, 10:56 AM

1,270 posts, read 5,442,022 times
There are probably vacation companies on the web where you can post your house as a vacation rental? Not sure but you could probably google them.
You could post on craigslist as well and maybe some travel forums???
You might want to make up a website featuring photos you take with a digital camera, and state that is a vacation rental (not a B+B) so they know its not a B+B , - State the rates per week, the # of rooms, the amenities of the house, the proximity to the different tourist attractions, bus lines, "T" Commuter rail, (esp if its right by the rail station or within a 10 min walk), shopping malls close by, any interesting restuarants, open space nearby like Lynn Woods, Lake Quannapowitt, Breakheart Reservation, Middlesex Fells, etc. for open space activities, nearby beaches, etc. like the North Shore, etc. Cape Ann, etc. and any interesting museums or things to do in the area...You could state only 20 min from Lexington/Concord, Salem and 20-30 min drive from Boston, close to commuter rail into Boston and bus lines to Oak grove station (Orange Line)
Take phoots of all the rooms, the backyard, (*if you have a grill) (allow them to use it) or a patio/deck, pool etc. etc. as part of the ameneties, also if you have a movie room or a family room etc. You could also state that Square One Mall in Saugus and stores/businesses on Route 1 are minutes away. Take photos of the exterior and interior of your home and write up this information on webpage. Call your vacation rental an interesting name Like something to do with Melrose....or the Boston area Vacation home. or something.
Like Red Raiders Vacation House or something like that.
this will attract people to the site.
Or you could name it by region if you're near Cedar Park
Cedar Park Vacation house
or Highlands Vacation house, etc.
Have a google map and mapquest map of the area, showing the proximity to Boston, have photos of the Boston area with things to do and such like the freedom trail, and some off the beaten path things like the Decordova Sculpture park and museum in Lincolon or shots from Salem ,etc. Have some shots of the ocean too so people know you're not far from the sea.
Have a directions page with how to get to the guest house from Logan Airport
via car, mbta/commuter rail, or subway (with the bus line) from Oak Grove.
Also make sure they know the size of your driveway and/or garage...

Have some interesting weblinks for tourists and such in there about the Boston area, off the beaten path things, open space, museums, etc.
commuter info/mbta, etc. etc. charlie card info etc.
and local restaurants, businesses, etc. services, etc.

Also let them know about town amenities, and services like the local library, wifi areas, etc. etc. trash pickup or if you have a transfer station etc etc.
etc. etc.

Also an events page of any annual events in town and any annual events in the boston area so people know whats going on that week or month they're there. Have a monthly rental rate, weekly, and bi weekly rate.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-17-2011, 05:38 PM

1,949 posts, read 4,462,022 times
I would contact a real estate attorney for advice. MA is a terrible state to have income property in since the tenant has all the right in the world and you'll have none. So you want to make sure you do it right.

Old 05-08-2011, 09:19 AM

1 posts, read 1,926 times
Hi!

I realize that this does not directly answer your query - but it happens that my family and I are looking into moving into Melrose and are searching a house to rent there (3 bedroom +). How/Where could we find more information on your property and contact info?

Best regards,

Blandine

Old 05-08-2011, 02:37 PM

10,097 posts, read 15,909,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blandine View Post
Hi!

I realize that this does not directly answer your query - but it happens that my family and I are looking into moving into Melrose and are searching a house to rent there (3 bedroom +). How/Where could we find more information on your property and contact info?

Best regards,

Blandine
Contact the member directly using our direct message system. We don't discuss specific properties in the forums.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Massachusetts