Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-22-2008, 06:14 AM

350 posts, read 1,647,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lscalder View Post
Poor is poor regardless of race. Wealthy is wealthy regardless of race. Crazy is crazy regardless of race. I think in the white communities they keep all their dirt in the community and pretend to the world as if America or the white race is perfect. I have yet to see a white person bash or point finger on their own race but yet I have seen Black posters on here bashing their own race then the whites join in as if saying if a Black person can bash their race why not join in on the action. I have not seen one post where a White person speak up about the problems with the white race but yet I have seen plenty of post where Blacks try to separate themselves with other Blacks. No matter what happens in the media or whatever data is out their to prove whites have their own issues, whites always defend each other or never mention the issues in their communities but yet they want to point at the Black race.
I realize why whites are doing what they are doing and its because they are the only race who are loosing. Whites are the only race who are trying their best to hold on to the victory. Hispanics will become the majority then Blacks are moving up meaning whites will be the only race out of place. Both race are muliplying at a faster rate then whites, whites are getting out numbered so they play this mind game. I am tired of this pointing at this one race game. Why not mention issues that are affecting your white race.
I love how you differentiate between white and black "communities", yet claim to know how white "communities" think- as if all white people think the same way, and you know what that way is. Maybe you haven't seen a white person on here complain about the "white community" because the people on here who happen to be white, don't think of themselves as being seperate. When I talk about the problems plaguing parts of PG County, I think of it as community problems- not white problems, or black problems. Whatever problems are in a certain county, or state or city, are the problems of the entire population of that area. Now I'm sure you are going to respond to this by telling us all that he said this, or she said that, because the majority of your posts blame another race, or community or whatever.
And what exactly are the "whites" losing? What victory are we supposedly trying to hold onto??? As as white person, I have never thought there was a race competition going on that I had to try to win. That's really ignorant.
"whites will be the only race out of place" are you kidding me?? If that's really how you see things- that hispanics and blacks are going to push the whites down in this so called competition that you believe is going on, then you're no better than the kkk, who thought that blacks were less than whites, or terrorists who think Americans are evil, or Hitler who thought Jews should be wiped out. Problems between races, and comparisons have been going on as long as the history of the human race- you're just perpetuating it.

Old 01-22-2008, 07:53 AM

31,687 posts, read 41,084,323 times
Smile Her world

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessy0780 View Post
I love how you differentiate between white and black "communities", yet claim to know how white "communities" think- as if all white people think the same way, and you know what that way is. Maybe you haven't seen a white person on here complain about the "white community" because the people on here who happen to be white, don't think of themselves as being seperate. When I talk about the problems plaguing parts of PG County, I think of it as community problems- not white problems, or black problems. Whatever problems are in a certain county, or state or city, are the problems of the entire population of that area. Now I'm sure you are going to respond to this by telling us all that he said this, or she said that, because the majority of your posts blame another race, or community or whatever.
And what exactly are the "whites" losing? What victory are we supposedly trying to hold onto??? As as white person, I have never thought there was a race competition going on that I had to try to win. That's really ignorant.
"whites will be the only race out of place" are you kidding me?? If that's really how you see things- that hispanics and blacks are going to push the whites down in this so called competition that you believe is going on, then you're no better than the kkk, who thought that blacks were less than whites, or terrorists who think Americans are evil, or Hitler who thought Jews should be wiped out. Problems between races, and comparisons have been going on as long as the history of the human race- you're just perpetuating it.
Iscalder from what she posts has been able to create and live in her world as she wants to see it. I congratulate her on this accomplishment. Iscalder desires a world of African American wealth and influence. In fact she would love to be part of a new Black elite with wealth and land holdings. If you read her posts she is consistent in her beliefs and indicates that she lives in a wealthy, Black gated community. She appears to be consumed by what she considers her increased wealth from home equity escalations. Since she services doctors, she is boosted by her associations. In short she has arrived by her definition. Anything that is written or posted that my jar her bubble will be challenged and rationalized away. Allow her to be her and realize that anything she wants can be rationalized to be right. Even if the post was not intended to or even on topic if it rattles her cage she will respond. Every response does not need to provoke a reaction.

Old 01-22-2008, 06:19 PM

217 posts, read 752,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
Iscalder from what she posts has been able to create and live in her world as she wants to see it. I congratulate her on this accomplishment. Iscalder desires a world of African American wealth and influence. In fact she would love to be part of a new Black elite with wealth and land holdings. If you read her posts she is consistent in her beliefs and indicates that she lives in a wealthy, Black gated community. She appears to be consumed by what she considers her increased wealth from home equity escalations. Since she services doctors, she is boosted by her associations. In short she has arrived by her definition. Anything that is written or posted that my jar her bubble will be challenged and rationalized away. Allow her to be her and realize that anything she wants can be rationalized to be right. Even if the post was not intended to or even on topic if it rattles her cage she will respond. Every response does not need to provoke a reaction.
Well said. I think Truth can be compartmentalized just as easily

You might as well do me as well.

Last edited by fishfister; 01-22-2008 at 06:37 PM..

Old 01-22-2008, 08:49 PM

31,687 posts, read 41,084,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishfister View Post
Well said. I think Truth can be compartmentalized just as easily

You might as well do me as well.

Truth is in another world. He is not alone he is in the world of academia and at a high level. He is in business school and metrics are a major part of his life. He pursues knowledge for the sake of knowledge and does not any sort of end game/goal to ask the why or what if question. This forum is just an extension of what he does full time. He should be encouraged and appreciated and from you say you should be a fan of his. You have stated that one of the problems is Young African American men not doing what they should be doing to be successful. Not availing themselves to education etc. If you believe that then you and most people in here should be a cheer leader of Truth. He is doing what we all say young people should be doing. He should be uplifted even if you don't agree with what he says.

Old 01-24-2008, 02:19 AM

217 posts, read 752,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuborgP View Post
You have stated that one of the problems is Young African American men not doing what they should be doing to be successful. Not availing themselves to education etc.
Read more closely,
The county is majority black so if it appears I am targeting that particular segment of the county pay notice that I will knock the governmental agencies and status quo in place that strays them before I pick on them quite as you lay it out. America is a country of slackers as mirrored by movies and television. Baby boomers are responsible for that.
There are far too many white kids to point at before I get to the black kids.
For instance, I have a daughter that I didn't raise...

Old 01-29-2008, 06:26 AM

847 posts, read 3,356,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonjj View Post
I just love all of these, "stay out of Baltimore" statements. Yes, the murder rate is highest in Baltimore but no one mentions that 95% of those murders are drug-related or family arguments and that most of the murders are committed in a few neighborhoods. Much of Baltimore City is very safe, in fact safer than many surrounding county areas. I have lived in Baltimore for over 20 years and I have never been a victim of crime. My homes were never broken into, my car has never had an issue and it's parked on the street. Some folks need to get a life and stop generalizing about an entire city. I would much rather live in my neighborhood of Baltimore than many surrounding areas in the county. Oh, and guess what else, as those homes are being bought up and renovated and neighborhoods gentrified, I wonder where those displaced folks are moving. hmmm
Sure, Baltimore is great, just don't get on a bus.

(Blacks have been beating up on whites, especially women, on Baltimore city buses lately -- in the last case, the bus driver refused to even call for help).

Old 01-29-2008, 11:32 AM

240 posts, read 1,066,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vanyali View Post
Sure, Baltimore is great, just don't get on a bus.

(Blacks have been beating up on whites, especially women, on Baltimore city buses lately -- in the last case, the bus driver refused to even call for help).
One just happened again yesterday..yah!!!! Where do I sign up for my bus pass??

Old 03-04-2008, 01:06 AM

33 posts, read 135,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTripGurl View Post
Please! There are places (that you probably never driven through) that are pure "KKK like" country in Maryland. if you are not white you SHOULD NOT get out of the car. It may be offensive to to say "Redneck" or "hick", but should we refer to them as "possible white supremacists"? It does exist, it has been experienced by myself and people I know... They are areas of Maryland that most would not have to drive through unless you know somebody or you (GULP!) got lost. It may be offesnive, but its' more offensive when you have to drive through these areas fearing for your life!!! I wasn;t trying to be offensive, I don't know any other way to put it honestly.
I can bare witness to this.

Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 AM

460 posts, read 1,878,183 times
There is crime everywhere. As long as there is sin in the world, there will be crime - no area is immune. That said, there are areas where crime is more prevalent than in others. And this is true in every state. Do your homework, utilize the resources of the Internet, and make an educated decision based on that and your finances.
And that brings me to my next point. Instead of crime, I think Maryland is better known for taxes. I read on this forum once where someone wrote, "If you can dream it, Maryland can tax it."
Being born and raised in Montgomery County and now raising my own family in Frederick (because I can't afford my own hometown), I can attest that that is the God's honest truth!

Last edited by 7th generation; 03-04-2008 at 11:08 AM..

Old 03-04-2008, 11:56 AM

16,177 posts, read 32,532,372 times
Thank you all for your thoughtful posts. This thread has run its' course and is now closed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland