Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-04-2007, 07:03 AM

1 posts, read 1,940 times

Advertisements

I'm hoping someone can provide some information that can help us make a decision about our next move.

We moved to Maryland from Seattle, WA about 1 year ago. It was a big adjustment! Primarily because we are a mixed family and what was nothing in Seattle seems less acceptable to some here (I don't want my children growing up and feeling like something is wrong with them) AND because many people drive like fools. Move back to Seattle?...I would in a heartbeat but my family is here, my parents watch our son so I never worry about his care AND I'm an optimist and try to see the best in people and things.

We have lived in the northern Silver Spring area of Montgomery County and like it and what this county does and has to offer. However, our rent got jacked up and if I'm going to pay more I want more space. Mo. Co. is expensive and it seems like we can get more bang for our buck a little further out. We are considering Columbia, Savage (decent racial mix and 7% reporting two or more races), Jessup in Howard County. I want to live somewhere diverse where my son sees kids like him, where there are parks and a library near by.

We also need something central between my work in Rockville and my family in Crofton. I've had some bad experiences in Laurel (negative reactions to our family) so am hesitant, though some of the historic district interests me. Finally, we are hoping to buy in another year or so and the only places we could afford are in Howard County...so it seems to make sense to check it out first.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-04-2007, 07:17 AM

2 posts, read 12,861 times
Salt Lake City Is a wonderful place to raise children and very good family values! Unless you are LDS I would not Change your Religion! Every faith known is here! Great Schools and Parks and it is Perfect for a family! Location is Important also even here! East Millcreek, Holladay, Sandy, Draper, West Jordan, Avenues, Sugar House, Are many very nice areas! even Park City!
You would NOT want to live in North Salt Lake, Rose Park, West Valley. BAD AREAS!
Come Look?

Last edited by rickdonaven; 11-04-2007 at 07:18 AM.. Reason: left out a town
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland