Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2007, 11:04 PM

942 posts, read 2,520,841 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCOriolesfan View Post
There is a fabulous prison in Hagerstown.

Actually, there are 3 state prisons in Hagerstown.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2007, 08:55 AM

80 posts, read 406,172 times
really???? wow...

Old 08-25-2007, 04:07 PM

149 posts, read 668,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chipmunk226 View Post
Unfortunately, it's not very diverse It is 85% white with a dash of black and a little sprinkle, and I mean sprinkle, of everything else. I am multi-racial and my hubby is black and we have yet to experience a incident of prejudice or racism though.
I don't really care much about diversity like some people. People can live wherever they want. My neighborhood is nearly 100% white and no one has ever bothered my family. The area could be 100% white or 100% black. I just care about the character of the people.

Old 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM

19 posts, read 84,858 times
Just moved here about a month and a half ago. I am a teacher. I am hispanic of Indian (the one in south Asia) descent. Have already been called a terrorist by a collegue (he later said he was "just kidding"), and a F***ing Mexican by one of my students, who then told me that it is foreigners like me who are ruining America.

Not a lot of tolerance here.

On the positive side: the weather is great! The landscape is nice.

Old 09-19-2007, 05:59 PM

80 posts, read 406,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rioasad View Post
Just moved here about a month and a half ago. I am a teacher. I am hispanic of Indian (the one in south Asia) descent. Have already been called a terrorist by a collegue (he later said he was "just kidding"), and a F***ing Mexican by one of my students, who then told me that it is foreigners like me who are ruining America.

thats unfortunate... i've lived here almost 4 years and I am a mix of white / black and hispanic and i never had any incident

Old 11-27-2007, 12:13 PM

7 posts, read 18,521 times
I had a very pleasant experience there. Found the people quite helpful in finding my way back to interstate 70. The area around it was very beautiful. Was my first time in maryland and I was Very impressed!

Old 11-30-2007, 08:22 AM

20 posts, read 61,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moth View Post
There are some really nice old homes there. While pricey, they are a bargain compared to other areas.
Houses here are too expenssive. My family and I are looking to move to Pa in the next couple months and found in Huntingdon,Pa a 14 bedroom house for under $100,000. (BTW were not buying that one)

There are some nice older houses here but still too expenssive. Even to own a moble home on a rented lot is too expenssive around here.

There are these newer houses here but they cost too much and they are made with cheap materials.

Even rent around here is pretty bad.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modriver View Post
I had a very pleasant experience there. Found the people quite helpful in finding my way back to interstate 70. The area around it was very beautiful. Was my first time in maryland and I was Very impressed!
My advice go into the Hagerstown Super Wal Mart and sit for about a hour you'll change your mind about this place real quick.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rioasad View Post

I'm sorry you have had to deal with that. There are a few nice people here but most of the people are a$$holes.

Old 11-30-2007, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaBradshaw View Post
I don't really care much about diversity like some people. People can live wherever they want. My neighborhood is nearly 100% white and no one has ever bothered my family. The area could be 100% white or 100% black. I just care about the character of the people.
Not many people here have good chracter. I live in Lakeside Park and many of the older people here think that the kids who live here should never go out a play. They complain about the smallest thing.

I also work at Wal Mart and am shocked at the way most of these people act. What is wrong with the people of Hagerstown?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maryland