Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 11:39 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,101,169 times

Advertisements

As a take from the negative thread with a similar title, how about sharing our every day positives..... I'll start!

because every day I can walk through the woods and smell the pine trees!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-01-2007, 03:48 PM

165 posts, read 415,194 times
Just drove down Main Street, on my way to pick up my daughter.

The first lemonade stand of the season is now open - only .25 a glass - and the proprietor is the cutest little boy you ever saw.

He's doing some brisk business, too.

They'll be popping up here in my little neighborhood in the next few weeks. Where else are you going to see things like that, as a matter of course?

BTW, guys, here in the mid-coast region: is that a dramatic spring sky out there, or what? Indescribable.

Old 05-01-2007, 03:51 PM

Oh, the river - it's brilliant blue today, and the sun is making the water's surface sparkle like a billion diamonds.

And my gardens are exploding. My lillies are already 8" up.

Old 05-01-2007, 04:48 PM

3,684 posts, read 11,816,055 times
We love Maine (even if only for vacation) because we have access to all things we love to do in our spare time: fishing, hiking, skiing, campine, boating! There aren't many other places that you can do all this in one place!

Old 05-01-2007, 05:11 PM

581 posts, read 713,377 times
Wonderful people everywhere, with only a few sex offenders and substance abusers here and there.

Old 05-01-2007, 06:00 PM

62 posts, read 245,745 times
Default I love Maine

Oooops - I was deleted
because I said stuff in reply to happygolucky
BUT I also said
that I loved the peace and quiet I find in Maine
(especially compared with the noise of our urban/city neighborhood),
I love exploring rocky beaches with my kids,
the small, friendly towns,
the birches and pines . . . .
Hopefully, our family will be transplanted there
this summer and sink some new, deep and lasting roots.

Old 05-01-2007, 07:45 PM

37,465 posts, read 61,396,384 times
My goats have been very busy eating down brush and trees.

Our chickens have been wandering far and wide in our forest, scratching and pecking eating them bugs. Their egg production has came up too!

For lunch I had an omelet, and about needed a hammer to get the shells to open up, and the yolks really had to be attacked to get them to scramble.

We are excited about the Farmer's Market starting up soon, our refrigerator is filling up with eggs. We need to start selling eggs or else we will not have any room left in the frig for food.

Soon it will be planting time

The NWS site says the river is 13.5 feet above it's bank. Ho hum, waiting for the water to go back down, so we can soon be gathering fiddleheads again.

But it is nice with the river up so high. Our kayaks are at water's edge right behind the house. We have been out kayaking every day. It is great, no mosquitoes and no black fly.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:19 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,422,756 times
The people of Maine were incredibly pleasant. We thought it very unusual how happy all the locals seemed. I'm very observant, and noticed that everywhere we went, people were happy, smiling, conversing amongst themselves, etc. Every single person we talked to on our visit praised their hometown and state, for that matter. We were told countless times, "You're going to love it here!" We were truly spoiled by Mainers and can't wait to get back there!!

The other thing we observed was the cleanliness of the state. It really helped to better enjoy all the natural beauty that is boundless throughout the state. The air is clean and crisp and does NOT smell of dead fish, even when you're standing on the docks surrounded by lobster traps! It was amazing!! We are just completely in love with the state and it's very special people and can't wait to become a part of our new community.

Old 05-01-2007, 08:37 PM

160 posts, read 370,798 times
Even though we were in Maine for vacations and a honeymoon, we love Maine for its scenery, but more importantly, all of you wonderful people who make us feel at home.

We cannot wait to become a resident.

Lynn and Russ

Old 05-01-2007, 09:53 PM

Another soon-to-be Mainer? That's great. I came here a little over a year ago - you couldn't pry me out of here with a crowbar.

What areas are you looking at?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine