Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2009, 06:18 AM

192 posts, read 394,603 times

Advertisements

Looks like you all are getting a little of our normal Ohio humidity. It has been brutal here for quite some time. My electric bill last month was shocking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:46 AM

37,476 posts, read 61,444,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb3601 View Post
Looks like you all are getting a little of our normal Ohio humidity. It has been brutal here for quite some time. My electric bill last month was shocking.
Electricity is shocking!

Old 08-19-2009, 08:22 AM

12 posts, read 23,739 times
Yeah...about those hurricanes...
When was the last time Maine got hit directly from a hurricane or had a lot of damage from one? I'm assuming cause of the cold water they would be like a cat. 1 or something?

I lived in FL and the Caribbean for a long time as a kid, but it's been about 20 yrs since I had to worry about hurricanes!

Although, because of the Hurricane Ike windstorm in Cincinnati last year,we were without electricity for at least a week.
If we can get hurricanes in Ohio, I guess we can certainly get them in Maine! haha!

Old 08-19-2009, 09:34 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,658,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
Electricity is shocking!

yes, but the last two months of electric bills have been pleasingly shrinking...this month's bill is lower even than last.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:42 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,681,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annernan View Post
Yeah...about those hurricanes...
When was the last time Maine got hit directly from a hurricane or had a lot of damage from one? I'm assuming cause of the cold water they would be like a cat. 1 or something?

I lived in FL and the Caribbean for a long time as a kid, but it's been about 20 yrs since I had to worry about hurricanes!

Although, because of the Hurricane Ike windstorm in Cincinnati last year,we were without electricity for at least a week.
If we can get hurricanes in Ohio, I guess we can certainly get them in Maine! haha!
We got hit by a couple of them 25 years or so ago. They did a LOT of damage to large trees dropping them on cars,homes and the like. Power was out for days and the rain damage to the roads was very significant. We may not get the full force of a hurricane very often but we get storms every bit as bad more often then one might think. Last year in April we got slammed here with 10 inches of rain in two days. It did millions of dollars in damage to culverts, bridges and roads in the Freeport, Durham, Pownal area. It took them months to repair all the damage.

Old 08-19-2009, 09:58 AM

5,963 posts, read 12,443,786 times
Good Morning Maine. Sounds like you are getting weather somewhat similar to ours, other then the humidity which we rarely get. Couple weeks ago we had beautiful sunshine, temps in the 70's. Now last couple weeks, rain and rain and then some. However, we have been getting breaks in the clouds during the rainy days with the sun coming out for a couple of hours...and then rain. My poor flowers.

BBB3601, my family in Ohio are hating those temps in the 90's with that humidity.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
yes, but the last two months of electric bills have been pleasingly shrinking ... this month's bill is lower even than last.
That is shocking

Old 08-19-2009, 07:36 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,681,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alaskapat528 View Post
Good Morning Maine. Sounds like you are getting weather somewhat similar to ours, other then the humidity which we rarely get. Couple weeks ago we had beautiful sunshine, temps in the 70's. Now last couple weeks, rain and rain and then some. However, we have been getting breaks in the clouds during the rainy days with the sun coming out for a couple of hours...and then rain. My poor flowers.

BBB3601, my family in Ohio are hating those temps in the 90's with that humidity.
It was 93 here today at 2:00 PM. Too hot and sticky for me. A four shirt day without doing a thing! I refuse to hook up the window A/C as it is so close to September! Next week they're saying highs in the mid 70's. (and rain) again. I just hope we don't get into that month-long rain pattern again!

Old 08-20-2009, 06:48 AM

134 posts, read 515,178 times
Was teasing the wife this morning on the fact that we just moved back here to Maine from Germany about a month ago and the weather has been great since we got back (last few days have been pretty hot and muggy) ......... This weekend she flies back to Germany for a month as her old company needed some help....... so hoping the weather doesn't turn crappy again but ....... LOL

We are all settled in and love being back.

Old 08-20-2009, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAirForce View Post
Was teasing the wife this morning on the fact that we just moved back here to Maine from Germany about a month ago and the weather has been great since we got back (last few days have been pretty hot and muggy) ......... This weekend she flies back to Germany for a month as her old company needed some help....... so hoping the weather doesn't turn crappy again but ....... LOL

We are all settled in and love being back.
It is good to hear from you again.

I hope that your Dw was able to enjoy Maine for the period of time that she was here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine