Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2009, 12:05 PM

312 posts, read 725,716 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
We don't need to pay for anyone else's
wow...that's a real charitable attitude to have...

Old 07-25-2009, 05:36 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,517,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
LisainCali... Nothing wrong with dreaming! Dreams are for free!
You got that right, msina. I haven't been on for a few days, so my much belated welcome to Lisa.

Lisa, IMHO, I think you should come up on September when I'm going.

Old 07-25-2009, 05:46 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,165,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LisainCalifornia View Post
Lisa (now where is my honorary member of Maine forum hat?)
Probably floating downriver somewhere at the moment.

We've had entirely too much rain lately, but the sun's out today (yay!) so it'll probably wash up on shore sometime soon.

At any rate, dig into the old threads (the one's you haven't lurked on anyway) to find out some more.

Old 07-25-2009, 10:57 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
Everyone else's is already paid. If some drunk gets hit by a bus he gets treated as it is. Those of us who are insured already pay for that. It's built into the system. However, the system wants us to pay $1.5 trillion more. We can't afford $1.5 TRILLION more. Yes, that's worth shouting about.

Old 07-25-2009, 01:55 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,577,484 times
$1.5 trillion to pay for 40 million, uninsured?

Something wrong with the math the kool aid drinkers use in Washington!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:08 PM

19,968 posts, read 30,200,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmyankee View Post
$1.5 trillion to pay for 40 million, uninsured?

Something wrong with the math the kool aid drinkers use in Washington!
what happens when the countries, that are securing our massive debt, not only stop, but say "settle up" ??!! what do we give them, our airforce?? navy??

we need to stop the spending, of money we dont have. this is very dangerous

Old 07-25-2009, 02:23 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,447,538 times
The government isn't anyone's daddy. I for one wouldn't want health insurance to be handled by bureaucrats out of DC... just look at the way they handle emergency hurricane response or airport safety or border control!! NO thank-you!!!

I don't need any stinkin' bureaucrat from the guv'ment telling me whether or not I can have a test my doc thinks is critically important to my health care. After what just happened with the bailout, how can anyone even contemplate allowing DC to dictate health care!!!

AND... that 47 million includes illegal aliens if I'm not mistaken!

I am DISGUSTED with what's in Washington, DC. Top to bottom!!! Patooey!!!

I just think of Reagan's famous line... something you never want to hear...

'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' Run for your livessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

PS- Maineah, you're 100% correct. Charity starts at home. I don't need DC telling me where to dole out my donations either!!! UGH!

Last edited by CoastalMaine; 07-25-2009 at 02:55 PM.. Reason: oops... left a word out of the sentence... doh!

Old 07-25-2009, 02:38 PM

10,428 posts, read 18,673,204 times
"what do we give them, our airforce?? navy??"

Why do you suppose the feds own 42% of all the land in our country when according to our Constitution all they are supposed to own are Navy yards, arsenals and the District of Columbia? I can tell you the answer. It's collateral. Now they are scooping up thousands of foreclosed homes where the mortgages were backed by the government. Those homes are collateral also.

Old 07-25-2009, 03:10 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tapestry View Post
wow...that's a real charitable attitude to have...
I'm not running a charity! I don't want to pay for anyone elses, health care, house, car, groceries,addictions, or the long list of other "worthy causes" we are being FORCED to pay for by an out of control government! Feel free to send them ALL of your money if you wish. Then you can join them in the bread line or the line to the doctor when you get the flu!

Old 07-25-2009, 03:13 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,661,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
The government isn't anyone's daddy. I for one wouldn't want health insurance to be handled by bureaucrats out of DC... just look at the way they handle emergency hurricane response or airport safety or border control!! NO thank-you!!!

I don't need any stinkin' bureaucrat from the guv'ment telling me whether or not I can have a test my doc thinks is critically important to my health care. After what just happened with the bailout, how can anyone even contemplate allowing DC to dictate health care!!!

AND... that 47 million includes illegal aliens if I'm not mistaken!

I am DISGUSTED with what's in Washington, DC. Top to bottom!!! Patooey!!!

I just think of Reagan's famous line... something you never want to hear...

'I'm from the government and I'm here to help.' Run for your livessssssssssssssssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!

PS- Maineah, you're 100% correct. Charity starts at home. I don't need DC telling me where to dole out my donations either!!! UGH!
Charity is voluntary under most circumstances. When we are forced by the government to relinquish money for anything it is a tax regardless of the rosy title they may have for it. We are already taxed to death and yet the gimme more crowd still has it's collective hand out!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine