Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2009, 02:29 PM

3,638 posts, read 6,170,950 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExAirForce View Post
Glad no one was hurt and do hope it was an accident. It would be a shame to think it was arson.... would hope people would not be that ignorant. You don't have to agree with what the setup but then again you don't have to visit.... will wait for the fire marshall's official findings.

Agreed. IMHO, there needs to be more facts released.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2009, 04:20 PM

64 posts, read 119,533 times
If I remember correctly, Vassalboro had one of the highest (if not THE highest) rates of arson in Maine in the 70s or thereabouts. Perhaps some old dogs are up to old tricks again...

Old 06-03-2009, 04:31 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,547,807 times
It was arson (http://www.bangordailynews.com/detail/107556.html - broken link).

Old 06-03-2009, 08:44 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,494 times
Same thing we heard, even though the owner said he had received no threats of any kind. Disagreeing with something is one thing, but protest publicly and legally. Sneaking about in the dark, setting illegal fires that could get people killed. Even an empty building puts firefighters at risk when they go out to extinguish the blaze.

Old 06-03-2009, 08:59 PM

19,725 posts, read 10,500,557 times
I have a question......I am not aware of Maine's laws. However, since there were babies, in this building, @ the time of the fire, will they charge the arsonist with child endangerment, also?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:16 PM

21,353 posts, read 8,453,468 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by debey View Post
I have a question......I am not aware of Maine's laws. However, since there were babies, in this building, @ the time of the fire, will they charge the arsonist with child endangerment, also?
If they catch them, it would be more likely to charge them with 6 counts of attempted murder.

Old 06-03-2009, 09:22 PM

19,725 posts, read 10,500,557 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoastalMaine View Post
If they catch them, it would be more likely to charge them with 6 counts of attempted murder.
Cool!

Old 06-04-2009, 06:44 AM

192 posts, read 394,499 times
It is very sad. On another note it just made the local news here in Columbus, Ohio I will trade the sun ( atleast in the news footage) for all of the rain we have been getting. I also must confess that I wish our local pastry shop would consider something like this. I love donuts probably too much.....the other attraction's would truly be the icing on the cake...or donut?

Old 06-04-2009, 08:30 AM

2,133 posts, read 5,878,911 times
I am going to hope that the moron who set this fire was unaware that the family was living upstairs. Otherwise there are just no words...

I just hope that catch the idiot and toss his/her butt in jail for a long time.

Old 06-04-2009, 10:35 AM

134 posts, read 515,071 times
Even waaay over here in Germany this ordeal has been the topic of conversation believe it or not. We can thank CNN for having it on their front page this morning as everyone in my office and building for that matter mentioned it at one point to me. After reading the Bangor Daily and seeing it was indeed arson and ignorant comments from some folks on the Bangor Daily about a wide range of things. So here is my ignorant comment(s)

I hope he packs up and moves to a more tolerant community that understands he and his employees are trying to eek out a living in this crappy economy by providing something different (yes not for everyone). I also hope the town (which we all know but I won't mention) feels the affect of lost taxation from the buisiness and struggles to make it financially and has to raise its mill rate to quadruple what it is now thus making all the residents unable to afford any entertainment other than to sit at home and really and I MEAN REALLY read and understand their bibles. What a group (not all) of truely pious ignorant buttheads.

Maybe I have been in Europe too long where topless is not taboo like it is in the US ... oh and where their sexual assult and rape numbers are also drastically much much lower.

Come on people we have more things in this world to worry about.

OK ending my "ignorant" tyraid. Glad everyone is ok and hope the owner and workers recover from this.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine