Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2009, 02:34 PM

444 posts, read 928,970 times

Advertisements

I had a very nice time. It was great to talk to everyone! I had haddock chowder - it was so good on a rainy day. Looking forward to the next lunch.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2009, 02:35 PM

37,470 posts, read 61,415,702 times
It was wonderful to see everyone!

So glad that so many were able to show up.

Molly was as friendly as ever and such a beautiful smile.

We met Roger, it was a pleasure, a great guy!

Jj showed us her purse with a wonderful design on it, she does such impressive handiwork.

We were so glad to meet Elcarim what wonderful hair she has, and her son was great too.

Txmom was a pleasure to talk to as always.

Kidding was great to see again, we live so close to each other, but yet we just don't get together much anymore, we miss you.

Old 05-07-2009, 03:43 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,425,258 times
Lunch today was great! It was awesome to finally meet Forest, RHB, RMoore and TXMom. Visiting was very enjoyable. We need to do that more often!

Old 05-07-2009, 03:54 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,103,899 times
I had a great time! You guys are so wonderful, and RMoore it was great to meet you.

I'm so glad we did this at the beginning of the month--I wouldn't have been able to make it any later in May I don't think. As it was I was home for ten minutes then out the door again.

Forest I wish you the best with everything with your Mom's passing. I didn't get to say that when we left.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:33 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RHB View Post
I just got back from a wonder visit with our CD friends... I forgot the camera. I have an excuse though...We got the call at 2 this morning that Forrest's mother had died, and we were talking about that on our way to lunch, and options on how to get him to CA for the services. But back on happy notes.... lunch was wonderful, got to meet El and son, RMoore, and visit with the members I already knew. The food was plentiful, the fellowhip fun.
I wanted to say I'm sorry about your families lost. I'm basically speechless.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RMoore007 View Post
It was a pleasure to finally meet everyone today. Thanks for making me feel welcome. I look forward to future lunches.
You didn't meet me.

Old 05-07-2009, 09:37 PM

Location: Hidin' out on the Mexican border;about to move to the Canadian border
732 posts, read 1,341,391 times
Me, either! But I did get your much welcomed package, RHB. Let me know how I can reimburse you. Elcarim dropped it off on her way home.
Since we couldn't get to the lunch, hubby took me over to N&C for dinner, and had a great visit with Peachie and her hubby.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:45 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,521,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NJ2ME View Post
Pictures! Us folks that can't be there yet want pictures! =) I can't wait till I can make it to these! You all have to stop forgetting cameras at these! lol
That's right... you tell 'em!!

Old 05-08-2009, 04:54 AM

411 posts, read 899,120 times
Drama, is this your way of saying you want pictures too? lol

It was a great lunch, and I know I saw at least ONE camera pointed my way, even though I hate pictures!!! lol

Great to finally meet RMoore, he's a funny guy! Meeting Txmom for coffee before the lunch was awesome, and then lunch was even better. And what a nice visit w/the rest of the crew!!!

Old 05-09-2009, 05:48 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,153 times
Well.... I know that we have Corgis & Mensaguy coming back next weekend so ... when is our next luncheon?

Old 05-09-2009, 06:20 AM

143 posts, read 252,951 times
Wow, so glad to hear you've had a great visit with one another. Can't wait to be part of it and that won't be too long down the pike as someone is about to sign a p&s on my Cape Cod home! Heading up to ME on Mom's Day to pick my new home with a closing date of June 30th on my current home......iyiyiyi!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Forrest, I'm thinking of you. I'm so sorry about the loss of your Mom. If it helps, I know that I experience my dear folks regularly and in joyous times even though they have both passed on. It takes love and time, but it happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine