Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2008, 10:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times

Advertisements

We won't be here so the little darlin's will have to go elsewhere!
We do have a little bowl of candy to leave out on the deck incase someone actually shows up.
I bet we haven't had a real trick or treater here in 10 years. We still buy some candy....just in case.
Hershey bars, 100,000 dollar bars, candy kisses and Reeses Peanutbutter cups .....just in case!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2008, 10:21 PM

722 posts, read 1,513,276 times
The halloween candy at my place is almost gone, I keep on buying it and keep on eating it. Let me think, I've bought m&m's junior mints, peanut butter cups and crunch. But no kids inthe last 5 years

Old 10-30-2008, 11:27 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,396,072 times
Everything, skittles, starburst, snickers, kit kat, crabbypattys, reese's, eyeball ring pops, m&m's,twizzlers, I'll still run to Rite-Aid tomorrow for last minute stuff. We get tons of kids.

Old 10-31-2008, 03:35 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
We won't be here so the little darlin's will have to go elsewhere!
We do have a little bowl of candy to leave out on the deck incase someone actually shows up.
I bet we haven't had a real trick or treater here in 10 years. We still buy some candy....just in case.
Hershey bars, 100,000 dollar bars, candy kisses and Reeses Peanutbutter cups .....just in case!!
I used to do that too! When we got home, the GIANT bowl of candy I had left was always empty. I never knew if I got 1 trick or treater or 100.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankratt View Post
The halloween candy at my place is almost gone, I keep on buying it and keep on eating it. Let me think, I've bought m&m's junior mints, peanut butter cups and crunch. But no kids inthe last 5 years
I finally bought some yesterday, knowing full well that there will be not one trick or treater visiting my door.(There are no children living in my building here) BUT, I just couldn't resist buying it. Miniature Butterfingers, Baby Ruth's & Nestle Crunch. Guess who's going to have a belly ache later?

Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Everything, skittles, starburst, snickers, kit kat, crabbypattys, reese's, eyeball ring pops, m&m's,twizzlers, I'll still run to Rite-Aid tomorrow for last minute stuff. We get tons of kids.
I have no idea what crabbypattys are! I misread it first and thought it said something else. In the neighborhood where I grew up in Topsham, we got hundreds of kids too. I remember it was my dad's favorite time of year. He would/still does invite each and every kid just inside the door and admires each and every costume. Although nowadays on IAH, they might only get 4 or 5 little tricksters.

Old 10-31-2008, 04:42 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
I was going to make finger cookies but one of the honorary daughters requested chocolate chip pumpkin cookies. I'm going to make them small and turn them into mini whoopie pies.

Old 10-31-2008, 05:15 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,660,538 times
Default Blessed Samhain and Happy Halloween

Happy Halloween and blessed Samhain to all. May there be much chocolate in your cauldrons and may the tricksters be benign.

We have mini-Kit-Kats and Reeses Cups and for the "...Season of the Hex" open house today, home made autumn leaf and acorn shaped sugar cookies and Hershey kisses and mulled cider.

Y'all come...

Old 10-31-2008, 05:56 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,114,544 times
Star have a wonderful open house! I wish I could drop by

We have a huge bag (600) of tootsie rolls this year. I went with the cheaper stuff because I thought no one would be here long to pass it out anyway--wrong! I'll think I'll stick with those though. I've had them here since the beginning of the month, and no one has gotten into them. I know, it's strange, but it's like that here--there's a candy jar in the kitchen that barely gets opened.... you'd think it would be the opposite, but the kids and I just aren't big candy eaters.

msina DH *loves* those Crabby Patties!! Mermaid those are a gummy type of candy, stacked to look like the crabby patties on Sponge Bob

Jake is the only one trick or treating this year--Katy did go last year, but just won't be up for a lot of walking around this year with the mono. Well, *I* say she won't be, she doesn't agree We're the meeting house for some of her friends that are going out though, so I'll be doing a little baking today

Old 10-31-2008, 05:57 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,709,803 times
We'll hand out plastic bags with candy and McCain Palin cards and stickers.

Never miss a chance.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:24 AM

874 posts, read 1,857,645 times
2 5lb bags of tootsie roll mix. Someone, who it was we do not know so all fingers are still intact, opened one bag already. So for tonight we have about 9 lbs to hand out.

Old 10-31-2008, 06:28 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,560,287 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by genmomto5 View Post
2 5lb bags of tootsie roll mix. Someone, who it was we do not know so all fingers are still intact, opened one bag already. So for tonight we have about 9 lbs to hand out.
lol At my house it would have been the dad, not the kids. I bet it's a blast at your house on Halloween with six little ones!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine