Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-01-2008, 06:55 PM

2,059 posts, read 4,210,070 times

Advertisements

me and one of my sons were at the bank today.i pulled up to the atm put in my card punched my numbers in and he says dad . i said ya bud.blind people cant drive.i said your right they cant.he says then how come the atm at the drive up has braile.good point.so i explaind the company that makes the atm machine does that to all their equipment becouse they dont no where it will end up it could have gone to a mall or a store. its easier and cheeper for them to make it with braile becouse if they didnt they would have to have two diffrent atm's. one for the drive up and one for the mall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-01-2008, 07:00 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,400,082 times
Great explanation Ranger.

Old 07-01-2008, 07:26 PM

112 posts, read 283,817 times
Ranger
I am not sure about in Your neck of the woods , but down here in Mass. .
The light switches in Our Dunkin Donuts , are marked off and on in Braile .
Plus , the mirrors are angled down , so I throw My back out to look up into one .
Bob

Old 07-01-2008, 08:45 PM

that boy is full of questions.but he did manage to stump me the other day and i still dont have an answer.maybe one of you can tell me.ok this was his ?, dad how come when you sit down you have a lap but when you stand up its theye's.

Old 07-02-2008, 09:11 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,698,077 times
Here's a technical BS answer for your inquizitive little lad.
It takes two thighs to form a lap. The thighs must be in a horizontal position when forming a lap. Spreading the lap apart constitutes the formation of knees and the thighs are now ignored. A case in point would be little Sally being invited to come sit on Gramp's knee. Where she would be invited to sit on Gram's lap (should Gram be wearing a proper dress to keep her thighs in the proper plane of course)
Extending the lap beyond 45 degrees dissolves the lap and the still parallel thighs are now refered to as just legs. Unless the lap is retracted toward the body past 45 degrees which is known as the fetal position,usually the arms are now employed in assistance for holding that position.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Here's a technical BS answer for your inquizitive little lad.
It takes two thighs to form a lap. The thighs must be in a horizontal position when forming a lap. Spreading the lap apart constitutes the formation of knees and the thighs are now ignored. A case in point would be little Sally being invited to come sit on Gramp's knee. Where she would be invited to sit on Gram's lap (should Gram be wearing a proper dress to keep her thighs in the proper plane of course)
Extending the lap beyond 45 degrees dissolves the lap and the still parallel thighs are now refered to as just legs. Unless the lap is retracted toward the body past 45 degrees which is known as the fetal position,usually the arms are now employed in assistance for holding that position.
ok i gave him you explanation and the boy looked at me like i was the bigest idiot ever.
then he says you dont realy no do ya dad.nope i got nothin i said go ask your mother.

Old 07-02-2008, 07:44 PM

19,971 posts, read 30,274,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
that boy is full of questions.but he did manage to stump me the other day and i still dont have an answer.maybe one of you can tell me.ok this was his ?, dad how come when you sit down you have a lap but when you stand up its theye's.
well, son, it's like this, when sitting and the knees are bent, your knees and thighs look much bigger and there's a place to hold stuff (on a lap)
(and dont ever tell your mother her thighs look big)

...when standing whatever you are holding in your lap will fall to the floor,,,so not only do you lose what you are holding, you also lose the lap...

Old 07-02-2008, 07:44 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,759,664 times
Hahaha!!
You got it right there, buddy- us moms always know the answer

Old 07-02-2008, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
Hahaha!!
You got it right there, buddy- us moms always know the answer
her answer to his question was so simple.no i meanrealy simple like drive up window simple.she told him with out a lap i couldnt hold you and cuddle you.
and he accepted it just like that.just go's to show ya the simplest seems to be the best.now if he ask's me about an engine i got him coverd.

Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 AM

4,112 posts, read 6,529,613 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
her answer to his question was so simple.no i meanrealy simple like drive up window simple.she told him with out a lap i couldnt hold you and cuddle you.
and he accepted it just like that.just go's to show ya the simplest seems to be the best.now if he ask's me about an engine i got him coverd.
What a wonderful answer, I miss the cuddling age. She's much too big for that, you know!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine