Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-30-2008, 04:22 PM

19,969 posts, read 30,241,153 times

Advertisements

i like spring the most,, also, like fall, summer and winter

spring is like a renewel of life,,,for the animals, the landscape and for all of us..the days get longer,,,no driving in the snow and ice, and dont have to shovel anymore,,,fishing season opens up,,,,can go golfing...people smile more easily,,,you see much wildlife
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-30-2008, 04:36 PM

566 posts, read 1,418,295 times
I love every season except winter. I am not a winter lover or even a winter liker. I love spring with no more winter driving, shoveling or shivering. It hold such promise of the months to come. I love summer. I like warm weather. I love fall up until it starts getting dark early. I love early fall I guess.

Old 05-30-2008, 04:50 PM

104 posts, read 387,864 times
Autumn is the best for all the reasons everyone else has said. Dry, warm days and cool nights - no humidity. No bugs, beautiful colors, fire in the fireplace, hot cider, pumpkins, apple picking. The only bad part of Autumn is that winter is not far off.

Old 05-30-2008, 05:16 PM

278 posts, read 700,177 times
I love each season about equally. I love Spring, summer & Fall for all the reasons already mentioned and winter for its white purity and cold. I think cold is sexy.

Old 05-30-2008, 06:44 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times
Well... I always look forward to all the seasons, it's a nice change. I've always loved Fall & Christmas the most. So many good things have happened to me during those times so I find them fondly in my memory.
Peachie & Mr. Peach
Attached Thumbnails
Which Maine Season Is most Lovely?-100_5095.jpg  

Old 05-30-2008, 09:46 PM

3,231 posts, read 7,467,464 times
Default Peachie!

OMG, could you two be anymore cute?

Old 05-30-2008, 10:38 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,755,211 times
You two win most photogenic couple!

Old 05-30-2008, 10:43 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,712 times
Default so far...

I would have to say "the one we are in NOW!" as the answer to that question had it been asked any time since March 1. I love winter for many reasons; I like the feel of life when the earth is sleeping, the crunch under my feet, the fluffy white falling from the sky, the pen strokes of branches against the gray and white, the evergreens standing out amongst the naked branches.

When the season begins to turn, I like the rivulets of icy water as they melt and run, the WHUMP of snow falling from the roof, the patches of brown that tease... it is the first bit of bare earth in that bank or simply dirty snow?

And then the first bits of green, amidst the mud... or is it green?? The trees have these almost hues, hints of yellow and red and green as the buds begin to swell... and it is days, sometimes weeks before you are SURE. And then they take their time in the dance to spring; I love it that there are still trees that are not quite in full leaf; summer is still 3 weeks away; this seems proper. And the wind, I love the spring winds and rains that stir the pollen and then wipe it from the air and our eyes and wash the trees green again, and the days when it's warm enough to dig out the sleeveless shirts and shorts (and I love that I have not, yet, worn any of them, as it keeps cooling off again) and the warm tilled earth of the garden under my bare feet.

And that's just 3 months! LOL

Old 05-30-2008, 11:16 PM

1,122 posts, read 4,110,742 times
When I was younger I'd always say autumn was my favorite, for all the reasons already mentioned here. Crisp air, beautiful colors, skeeters gone, fresh crunchy Macintosh apples.

But as time goes on, I start to appreciate spring more. First of all, I'm wicked pleased to have survived another winter. Huzzah, huzzah!
Sometimes when I'm struggling to dig my car out of a 5' drift, I'm alarmed by the memory of one of my schoolmates who died of a heart attack shoveling snow in his early 40's. At that point winter seems to stretch interminably ahead.

Then one day the skies clear, grassy fields re-emerge from a suddenly white-less world; leaf buds swell on trees and bushes, and pop like small green or red fireworks; and you wake up one morning to an explosion of spring colors in every neighborhood, every roadside forest.

As always my favorite phrase is "Nature's first green is gold, her hardest hue to hold" (Robert Frost, Nothing Gold Can Stay)
http://www.ketzle.com/frost/gold.htm

Old 05-31-2008, 05:25 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
OMG, could you two be anymore cute?
hehe... thanks.. we almost sound like two kittens.
We decided to do pictures of the family around the tree, and when we did all of us together, one of us either itched, rolled or closed eyes ..etc.

So I had to do some photo edited. I got some funny ones of the kids. Emily had the most fun acting like a mini candy cane monster ( sweet but keep your eyes on the camera and off the candy canes on the tree).

Quote:
Originally Posted by moughie View Post
You two win most photogenic couple!
ta da... I like to thank all the little people for taken the picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
the warm tilled earth of the garden under my bare feet.
yesss.. I love that too star. I been doing all that land scaping this week with flip flops on so I can "fling" my shoes so I can get in the dirt.

"Can you picture star and me skippin' through the gardens in our barefeet." You should, it happens.

I must have some of my dad in me with all the work I love to do. My brothers more lazy then me. I would of been a good son. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomerang View Post

But as time goes on, I start to appreciate spring more. First of all, I'm wicked pleased to have survived another winter. Huzzah, huzzah!
me too

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 05-31-2008 at 06:23 AM.. Reason: fixen this and that ( swings a hammer around to show hard work)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
View detailed profiles of: