Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 06:10 AM

16,710 posts, read 15,712,487 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
lol! that's cause you got your "seasonal" water bill AND just the fact that I know that applies to this thread! We got ours last week and I hit the roof...lol, until DH said, "no, for the YEAR!" phew.... lol
Actually, that was the first water bill we had after buying the house. The thing we learned that day was that mail service is NOT automatic; you have to sign up for it. When I had turned in the rental truck, the dealer asked where to send the deposit refund, so I gave him the Eastport address, but the post office had not been asked to provide service at that address. The lady at the water office worked part-time doing early morning mail sorting and recognized the name on the mail as a new one in town.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-03-2008, 06:12 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,342,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
whats a water bill? lol just kidding i no what one is but i dont no how much they are.
I don't have one here either. I hear my uncle talk about it, and it sounds terrible.

Old 06-03-2008, 06:16 AM

16,710 posts, read 15,712,487 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RANGER.101ST View Post
whats a water bill? lol just kidding i no what one is but i dont no how much they are.
The Eastport area has municipal water and sewer service, so there is no need for individual homes to have wells and septic systems. You can pay water and sewer bills for many years before you even approach the cost of drilling a well, installing a pump, installing a septic tank and building a leach field.

Old 06-03-2008, 07:13 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,471,845 times
When you're out cruising your favorite local waters and can identify each lobster buoy color to its owner!

Last edited by island mermaid; 06-03-2008 at 07:14 AM.. Reason: spelling!

Old 06-03-2008, 10:32 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fort Lauderdale mermaid View Post
When you're out cruising your favorite local waters and can identify each lobster buoy color to its owner!
Mine were florescent orange with florescent green stripes lengthwise. From a distance the colors mixed and to the eye they looked bright yellow. It was a weird effect.

Old 06-03-2008, 10:44 AM

78 posts, read 161,559 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
Cute

* When you put up a motion detector security light on your garage and you keep all your doors unlocked~you live in Maine.

Tami~peachie
You must have come by my house...... The only reason they are there is to let me know when the deer pass through at night on their way to my vegetable garden
Attached Thumbnails
You know you live in Maine when...-dscf2502.jpg  

Old 06-03-2008, 10:53 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,690,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amacop View Post
You must have come by my house...... The only reason they are there is to let me know when the deer pass through at night on their way to my vegetable garden
Nice place amacop! I like the motion detector for the deer too. Now we have to hook it to a sprinkler or a noise maker of some kind to scare the deer off without having to chase them off.

Old 06-03-2008, 02:16 PM

1,698 posts, read 3,342,165 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Nice place amacop! I like the motion detector for the deer too. Now we have to hook it to a sprinkler or a noise maker of some kind to scare the deer off without having to chase them off.
Maybe hook up a drop down cage so you can see what has been in the back yard.
I know I have deer roaming in our back yard, I see them in the late day walking through.
Last summer, my girls were in the pool and we noticed two and just froze so we could watch them pass.
That was alittle hard since Emily is a wiggle worm.

Last edited by peachie_in_maine; 06-03-2008 at 02:20 PM.. Reason: added and subtracted some= better

Old 06-03-2008, 06:45 PM

Default You know you live in Maine when...............

Memorial Day Weekend starts a new hunting season.........TOURISTS....THE OTHER WHITE MEAT........................

Old 06-03-2008, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
sprinkler.........noise maker...........scare them off......dam what the heck do I have this bow out for then
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine