Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-10-2008, 04:04 PM

513 posts, read 897,991 times

Advertisements

Does anyone remember reading the book "Animal Farm" in school? The author is George Orwell
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-10-2008, 05:15 PM

2,054 posts, read 4,585,280 times
Talking 1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesnowflake View Post
Does anyone remember reading the book "Animal Farm" in school? The author is George Orwell
"Four legs good, two legs bad. Four legs good, two legs bad."

Remember, the birds had to force their argument for their wings.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:17 PM

259 posts, read 704,736 times
However cool it may seem, this really makes me sad and angry. Makes me want to move outta here (this country). We trade common trust with one another, freedom, and privacy all for a little conveniency. What happened to believing in people's basic honesty or trusting a little in people. We need those things to stay connected with one another as a society. To stay human. The ways this can be abused- are possibly endless. It's very scary ... if I have any chips near me I will nuke them with those German zappers. I would hope people realize that there is a point/limit to conveniency and safety, and once your cross it- you are opening a pandora's box where everything about you and your life is in writing and can be used at any time by anyone for anything. Our right as humans is to prove ourselves to others, to start a-new each day fresh ... with these, that's out the door, sadly.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:27 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,398,999 times
Other countries are also using this technology Emu.

The Food and Drug Administration in the US has approved the use of RFID chips in humans.[67] Some business establishments have also started to chip customers, such as the Baja Beach nightclub in Barcelona. This has provoked concerns into privacy of individuals as they can potentially be tracked wherever they go by an identifier unique to them. There are concerns this could lead to abuse by an authoritarian government or lead to removal of other freedoms.[68]

Radio-frequency identification - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I have read that it can be useful in people with medical conditions as their medical information is encoded on it.

Old 04-10-2008, 05:30 PM

4,537 posts, read 9,197,713 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mainesnowflake View Post
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"

Old 04-10-2008, 05:48 PM

Smile Animals

Quote:
Originally Posted by quiet walker View Post
"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
If you didn't care what happened to me,
And I didn't care for you,
We would zig zag our way through the boredom and pain
Occasionally glancing up through the rain.
Wondering which of the buggars to blame
And watching for pigs on the wing.

You know that I care what happens to you,
And I know that you care for me.
So I don't feel alone,
Or the weight of the stone,
Now that I've found somewhere safe
To bury my bone.
And any fool knows a dog needs a home,
A shelter from pigs on the wing.

Rodger Waters..."Pigs on the Wing 1 & 2."

Old 04-10-2008, 06:08 PM

we are slowly losing our freedoms and privacy because of the so called security and protection of all. Where do we draw the line, when do we say when, when is enough-enough. There is alot of great advice out there and one example is: Wear your seatbelt while driving in your car. This is a great piece of advise that I have made a part of my life, however, it should be by choice not law. In several states it is the law.
The RFID chip sounds to me like it is just the beginning of a Pandoras box. Again, Does anyone remember the book "Animal Farm?"

Old 04-10-2008, 06:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,696,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emu742 View Post
However cool it may seem, this really makes me sad and angry. Makes me want to move outta here (this country). We trade common trust with one another, freedom, and privacy all for a little conveniency. What happened to believing in people's basic honesty or trusting a little in people. We need those things to stay connected with one another as a society. To stay human. The ways this can be abused- are possibly endless. It's very scary ... if I have any chips near me I will nuke them with those German zappers. I would hope people realize that there is a point/limit to conveniency and safety, and once your cross it- you are opening a pandora's box where everything about you and your life is in writing and can be used at any time by anyone for anything. Our right as humans is to prove ourselves to others, to start a-new each day fresh ... with these, that's out the door, sadly.
Kool-Aid anyone?

Old 04-10-2008, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Kool-Aid anyone?
Remember the good old days, Kool-Aid stands and neighborhood kickball games. Red rover, red rover...... Now we have to deal with some RFID chip?????

Old 04-10-2008, 06:21 PM

The camel's nose is already under the tent. There will be a cashless society created during this century. The RFID technology will be the centerpiece.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine