Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 09:59 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,494,315 times

Advertisements

How about this. The new lights are LED. They change colors. You can have red, blue, green, and yellow for Christmas. Turn the dial and you have pink, blue, purple, and yellow for Easter. For July 4th, turn the knob again, and you have red, white and blue. For Halloween, click, and you have orange, brown, yellow-orange. That way, you never take them down.....just flip the switch and change the colors. I saw them for sale on the internet.....OOps, forgot, for valentines day pink, red, and white.
I wish I had thought of that idea!

Last edited by maine4.us; 03-08-2008 at 10:00 AM.. Reason: spacing
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2008, 10:02 AM

1,180 posts, read 2,494,315 times
Forgot another thing. If your computer doesn't get updates, the time will not change automatically tonight. Bill Gates and MS used the old dates, now that the dates have changed, you have to get a patch to fix it.

Old 03-08-2008, 11:10 AM

48,190 posts, read 22,033,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Daylight Savings Time messes up my internal clock for the better part of a week, Not looking forward to tomorrow.
I want someone to tell the dogs!

Old 03-08-2008, 01:48 PM

566 posts, read 1,419,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
Finally, I can wear my watch again! It is a cheap Timex knock-off and there is some super secret combination of buttons pushed while naked and chanting some incantation under a full moon before it will let you change the time.
Oh my gosh I laughed and laughed at the mental picture of this! That is the problem with some of the modern technology. It either frustrates the heck out of me or I have to ask one of my kids when they come over to figure it out for me which of course amuses them to no end.

Old 03-08-2008, 02:01 PM

1,325 posts, read 2,976,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post

Oh my gosh, the dogs, up at the crack of still night - what'll I do, Oh my, what'll I do? Giggle!

Old 03-08-2008, 02:56 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,253,742 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
All joking aside though, decorative lights are designed and meant to be out and installed for 90 days tops. I don't care if they are up all year (kind of have a tree in the front yard that way myself) but PLEASE check them before the start of every season for dry, brittle wires and any cracks in the insulation. If you use them during the "off-season" check them at that time as well. Bend the wire in a few spots to see if it cracks (don't need to crink it super tight) if it does, it needs to be taken down finally and replaced.

And that's our Marthastewart moment.

Last edited by AustinB; 03-08-2008 at 04:12 PM.. Reason: spelling stinks

Old 03-08-2008, 06:04 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,662,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by corgis View Post
Daylight Savings Time messes up my internal clock for the better part of a week, Not looking forward to tomorrow.
Same here... I wish they would just stop the nonsense, myself. I am hoping that, not having had to confine myself to a clock-schedule for a month will help, especially as I start training for my new job Monday and therefore will be back on clock time again as the nonsense starts.

Old 03-09-2008, 05:10 AM

3,468 posts, read 7,253,742 times
First morning on the new time and it was as bad as I expected. I like the light when I get up.
What did you choose for the new job, if I may be so bold?

Old 03-09-2008, 07:31 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,662,398 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinB View Post
First morning on the new time and it was as bad as I expected. I like the light when I get up.
What did you choose for the new job, if I may be so bold?
I will answer this in one of the jobs threads...

Old 03-09-2008, 02:32 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,696,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
My dog eats and does his business on MY schedule. He was trained a long time ago that waking me up to go out will result in something being launched across the room at him. Granted I let him out at 2:00 AM for his last nature call before I go to bed so he's good until one of us gets up in the morning. As soon as it hits 40 degrees at night he's out in his "summer home" in the garage until fall again. You may be led to believe I don't care too much for this dog. You'd be right! I am absolutely NOT a dog person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine