Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-28-2008, 07:09 PM

1,180 posts, read 2,489,740 times

Advertisements

For all you moms. A 24 hour day in a little over 3 minutes of a song. Great!

Mom Sings William Tell Overture | Kids & Family | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab (http://www.jibjab.com/view/210614 - broken link)

Old 02-28-2008, 07:36 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,096,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by maine4.us View Post
For all you moms. A 24 hour day in a little over 3 minutes of a song. Great!

Mom Sings William Tell Overture | Kids & Family | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab (http://www.jibjab.com/view/210614 - broken link)
OMGosh! she is my new hero!! GREAT LINK!!

Old 02-28-2008, 07:52 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,535,602 times
She's awesome! I don't think there's anything in there every mother hasn't said.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:27 PM

380 posts, read 1,178,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Oh My!! LOL It's been a long winter, I haven't resorted to it yet but,... I was in Edward's Grocery in Dover-Foxcroft today and I was eying some pretty bottles of stuff called "Pucker",.. not sure what it was but, with a retired husband, a small dog nicknamed "Underfoot" and too much time in the house the last little while........ well you get the picture .........today is one of those days DH is for Damn Husband
Msina, see what you started by mentioning Allen's? It lead me to start a favorite beverages thread, and now the hootch seems to be on everyone's brain.

Old 02-28-2008, 09:49 PM

454 posts, read 885,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by msina View Post
Oh My!! LOL It's been a long winter, I haven't resorted to it yet but,... I was in Edward's Grocery in Dover-Foxcroft today and I was eying some pretty bottles of stuff called "Pucker",.. not sure what it was but, with a retired husband, a small dog nicknamed "Underfoot" and too much time in the house the last little while........ well you get the picture .........today is one of those days DH is for Damn Husband
Oooh...Msina, try the WATERMELON!

I love puckers...and they are all good!

Have a few of them, and......what husband?

Old 02-29-2008, 04:57 AM

3,231 posts, read 7,461,765 times
Msina, I like the cinnamon one. It tastes like the old candy fire balls we used to buy when we were kids. Penny candy... what a fun memory. Remember what you could get for a dime back then? A whole little brown bag full of goodies!

Old 02-29-2008, 07:45 AM

I'll be so glad to hear from Abby!! They're arriving today right? I think she said they'd have internet on Tuesday. AND she's getting a big welcoming snowstorm tomorrow!

Old 02-29-2008, 08:28 AM

37,443 posts, read 61,352,754 times
NMLM talking about needing milk, eggs and bread in another thread. I have to run into town too.

Yesterday I made a run, hardware store, feedstore, then grocery. But I was not paying attention to my checkbook. I ran out of checks, at the grocery store. It was getting late, and I had to pick up the teenager from an after-school event. So have to go again today [with more checks]!

We have eggs filling our refrigerator. Bonnie was supposed to get a deal going with a restaurant in Enfield who would take our eggs. But she is gone for a week, and our frig is filling.

The year-round market in Bangor already has two folks with eggs, and they try to discourage head-on competition. So to go there, eggs would need to be my secondary product.

We still have a 5-gallon bucket of flour, so we are good on bread. And we have a lot of rice. and the freezer is full of meat. But we are low on veggies.

I look forward to building a greenhouse this spring, in the hopes that we will do better for veggies in the future.

I have two 6-foot window sills filled with foot-tall garlic growing, and four raised beds of garlic outside underneath this 'global-warming'.

Old 02-29-2008, 08:45 AM

I have to go grocery shopping today Not so much because of the storm but because I haven't been all week! I've got that nasty cold that's been going around--and just this great new voice to go with it too. I can now do an amazing "Luke, I am your father" thing.....and boy, was that my goal.....right.

Katy, my veggie girl, had a cuke craving last night....she was sitting beside me when that commercial for the fruit bouquets came on and was absolutely drooling. It went from "that looks sooooo good" to "we need to go grocery shopping" to "I want a cucumber so bad!".....I would love to have some fresh veggies too

Old 02-29-2008, 08:48 AM

2,724 posts, read 6,422,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post

We have eggs filling our refrigerator. Bonnie was supposed to get a deal going with a restaurant in Enfield who would take our eggs. But she is gone for a week, and our frig is filling.
I run through 15-30 dozen eggs a week. Now we must find a way to get them here................
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine