Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 06:35 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSLubec View Post
I am fully prepped for the coming "zombie apocalypse".
That's good. Zombies are a threat that is too often overlooked. No idea why.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2012, 09:28 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,804,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
You're right. There are a lot of really nice people in Eastport. The town has room for a lot more, too.
The house we liked a lot is still for sale, but it's so far from skiing Sorry to be off topic but does any one know where to find the chainsaw artist Ray Murphy? I saw him on North Woods Law and just have to have one of those squirrels. I had a wild squirrel that used to sit on my lap and would come in my house with my cat and dog. We had a unique friendship and I still miss her. I think one of his squirrels would be a nice tribute to what was a special visitor. I will look him up on our next trip if I can find him.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:31 AM

3,638 posts, read 6,171,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
The house we liked a lot is still for sale, but it's so far from skiing Sorry to be off topic but does any one know where to find the chainsaw artist Ray Murphy? I saw him on North Woods Law and just have to have one of those squirrels. I had a wild squirrel that used to sit on my lap and would come in my house with my cat and dog. We had a unique friendship and I still miss her. I think one of his squirrels would be a nice tribute to what was a special visitor. I will look him up on our next trip if I can find him.
I'll send you a link.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:34 AM

Thanks reloop. You're very nice.

Old 04-04-2012, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by retiredtinbender View Post
I remember when prepping" was simply called "putting up" whatever. Now it takes on a whole new, paranoid-sensed, meaning. Shame, really. I suppose it could have gone spastic back in the 50/60's with the Cold War and "Duck and cover" and grew from there.
Do you remember hiding under your desk as a routine drill to prepare for a nuclear attack? Yeah that will save you. What were they thinking? That whole drill thing scared the pants off of me. I wonder if the children of the preppers practicing a "bug out" experience that same fear?

Old 04-07-2012, 05:50 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ADSLubec View Post
I am fully prepped for the coming "zombie apocalypse".
I thought I was prepped with mich lite, bottle of Arrogant Frog Pinot Noir, bottled water and a can of corn beef hash- but I didn't know we have to worry about Zombies!

Old 04-10-2012, 01:00 PM

7,057 posts, read 9,086,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OutDoorNut View Post
That's interesting--it's how I've read they used to cook in medieval times. They always had the same big pot going on the stove, and into it throughout each day they put whatever edibles came to hand.

Sounds good--I like stews.
Pease porridge hot, pease porridge cold,Pease porridge in the pot, nine days old...

Old 04-11-2012, 11:20 AM

16,678 posts, read 15,688,422 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by peachie_in_maine View Post
I thought I was prepped with mich lite, bottle of Arrogant Frog Pinot Noir, bottled water and a can of corn beef hash- but I didn't know we have to worry about Zombies!
The problem is that you are hoarding the wrong kind of beer:

Beer Repels Zombies! « Ty Schwamberger

Old 04-12-2012, 05:55 AM

1,698 posts, read 3,339,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mensaguy View Post
The problem is that you are hoarding the wrong kind of beer:
.. don't say that to loud, Austinb might hear.
Beside it is a populoar pick this month, "Aren't you following the latest fads?

Old 04-13-2012, 06:56 AM

169 posts, read 283,240 times
Prepping has gotten a bad name. I consider it just being prepared, like the boy scout motto. We have to prepare for the unpleasant task of being alive if we have kids to raise or spouses to take care of. My own life is not that important. I'm not just saying that. The fact is that we could be in some very unpleasant times soon.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine