Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2007, 07:06 PM

7,727 posts, read 12,388,314 times

Advertisements

Asparagus, Broccoli, Brussel sprouts, Nuts

Old 10-16-2007, 07:42 PM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
yes....msina exactly what I was thinking....and almonds are soooo yummy--handful a day should be something you do for yourself!

Old 10-16-2007, 08:58 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,755,211 times
"Beans, beans, the musical fruit..." Best source of protein esp when mixed with rice.
We eat alot of chickpeas- sprinkled in salads or made into hummos. Also just picked up a new variety of veggie burgers from Costco- ( no soy, just vegies adn sunflower seeds) Quite tasty!!
You are right about the cheese- good protein but full of fat and calories. Maybe just use a tablespoon and sprinke cheese on salad or entree.
My youngest and I eat fish ( wild, not farmed) and that helps with the protein issue also. My eldest will not eat anything with eyes

Old 10-17-2007, 06:41 AM

I love hummus I've never made it homemade though---have you? is it difficult? I'm currently hooked on the sun-dried tomato one....having moved from the garlic one--much to the happiness of my 9 year old who wouldn't let me breathe on him

Old 10-17-2007, 08:25 AM

1,963 posts, read 4,755,211 times
Hummous is a cinch to make!

Do you want me to dm you the recipe? I am happy to

Old 10-17-2007, 09:03 AM

411 posts, read 899,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
Sure gets me in the..........no, that won't sound good on here! Uh, well......Molly?? You take this one! And I happen to like the battery operated toys. Who wants to be stuck to a wall and a plug?? I prefer to be free to move about!
Oh goodness, look what I get back to!!! Now this is MY kind of conversation!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:05 AM

hey KAF....was wondering where you'd been!! glad to see you .....and yes, you've missed some fun stuff

Old 10-17-2007, 09:08 AM

Yeah, figures I'd miss the good stuff! lol. Just got busy... time flies as winter approaches and we have to prepare yet. Still need to do tons of work in the barn, and the hose was frozen this morning when hubby went to feed animals. GRRR!!!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:27 AM

it's funny you said that about the hose....have I got a story for you.....we had problems with our hose shut-off this summer....it had become stripped and we couldn't turn it off unless we used the hose nozzle....we came inside to turn it off at the shut-off, and guess what?? no shut-off---should I mention my house was built by a master plumber??? well, we found a temporary fix, but today my ex-husband is here (he's a master plumber--NOT the same one who built this house!)....cutting an access panel in a closet and installing a shut off valve.....why don't people think?? next house I buy WILL have an inspection before purchase....could've really used a head's up on this as well as some other little tid-bits---like the illegal oil tank (it's not on legs), and the previous boiler (which you couldn't access one of the "clean-outs" to clean....).....did I mention the plumber who built the house also had his boiler's license?? grrrrr......lol.....sorry for the rant, but just got started and it kept going!!

Old 10-17-2007, 09:36 AM

That's too funny Molly, okay, not to you I'm sure. But you know, the more people know about things the more they tend to skip over things. For instance, hubby is a landscaper by trade. He went to school for it, had a business for 15 years, now works for someone else, but is still a landscaper. Do you think my homes ever get landscaped? Nope, cuz he's too busy with everyone else's projects! And the few times they do it's always what seems to me to be "halfway" or with "shortcuts". And then he'll take the time to explain to me that the "shortcuts" it appears he's taken are not actual shortcuts, but that they aren't really neccesary. It's just that over the years people have come to believe they are, so now they are normal. Like landscape fabric under things to stop weeds from coming through. Apparently, it doesn't really work that well... but it was invented, and people believed in it, so now it's done normally. He doesn't use that here, and when I get landscaping done, I don't have many weeds. Guess he's right. lol.

Anyway, I think maybe some of what you've found are things that the "professionals" didn't think of, or didn't think was important, or figured they could do without since they knew what to do if something happened. Never thinking about the future, how someone without their knowledge could handle something! FRUSTRATING! Glad the ex is there putting in a shut off... that seems important! And you know, inspections are good in most cases, but they still miss things, or just don't do that as part of the inspection. Our inspector missed alot of things, and he's been doing it for 30 years. I think that sometimes you have to live in a place to find the quirks, and it sounds like you have. lol. Us too... this house is 200 years old, lots of quirks. Rant away, my deah, it's good for the soul.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine