Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2007, 11:23 AM

12,083 posts, read 38,868,928 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by elston View Post
I haven't told them about my participation in this "on line forum" lol I think they would worry. The last time I got on line, I ended up "coming out", "quitting my job" and "moving to California". LOL
And this time you are "Happy with life", "pleasantly retired', and "Coming home." And thanks to an online forum, you have a beginnings of a built in network beyond just family in the area you are coming home to. What could be better than that?

Have to admit though, I got a good laugh about this post of yours.

Old 12-22-2007, 11:51 AM

48,149 posts, read 22,016,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bydand View Post
And this time you are "Happy with life", "pleasantly retired', and "Coming home." And thanks to an online forum, you have a beginnings of a built in network beyond just family in the area you are coming home to. What could be better than that?

Have to admit though, I got a good laugh about this post of yours.
So do we! Enjoy! Much of my life could be movie or book, and it would be both funny and sad, and heart warming. I have been and am so incredibly blessed!

Old 12-22-2007, 11:56 AM

2,712 posts, read 5,656,712 times
I'll ghost-write for a percentage of the profits! <g> book that is... you'll have to get someone else for the screenplay...

Quote:
So do we! Enjoy! Much of my life could be movie or book, and it would be both funny and sad, and heart warming. I have been and am so incredibly blessed!

Old 12-22-2007, 12:13 PM

Star, I think I understand your lesson about "walking in the dark".

There was a time I made a vision fast in the wilderness of Vermont. I was out "beyond the threshold" and was calling out for a vision and seeking meaning in all that transpired and all I saw (seeking just a bit in excess!) Many times I tripped over roots, got smacked in the eye by branches or missed my footing and fell. Once I acknowledged the lesson that on my path in life I was likely to have similar experiences, eg. smacked in the face, fall and get lost...then I was ready for deeper and more profound lessons.

Old 12-22-2007, 02:43 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treeluvr View Post
Great! It's wonderful to get a good deal on a big ticket item like a car. And green's a good choice. I like white cars, but they show dirt, even dust pretty bad.Maybe a white van wouldn't be the best choice for mud season?
That's what I told DH. I doubt it would be white more than 3 months out of the year, so what's the point?!

Old 12-22-2007, 02:47 PM

5,054 posts, read 12,427,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by starwalker View Post
I hope that wasn't all at once! But sometimes change comes like that...
Oh, I remember times like that when I was a teenager. Mom would find out something I had tried desperately to hide - I learned there's no better time to spill my guts!! Get it all over with in one big showdown - it's like pulling off a band-aid!

You can always breathe a sigh of relief after unburdening the soul like that. Now, what else is there to worry about?

Old 12-22-2007, 05:47 PM

6,631 posts, read 13,549,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elcarim View Post
That's what I told DH. I doubt it would be white more than 3 months out of the year, so what's the point?!
My vehicle is white tonight. It was green before we left to visit family this morning.

Congratulations on the new van! Good for you!

Old 12-22-2007, 06:26 PM

1,963 posts, read 4,755,211 times
Quote:
Yes Yes and double Yes! that is why I said earlier and perhaps on a differnt post, that I doubt that I will ever meet any of you dear friends in my real life in Maine; but I will see characters in the supermarket or at the beach or kyaking past me on the lake, or sitting in the diner having hash and eggs, or selling me a mess of beans at the farmers market, ..... that look a lot like I picture you!

I understand that many of you look forward to a gathering of the yaya and yoyo's. I won't be there. But you can bet when I drive across the bridge into Milo I will smile and think of dear msina and in Argyle i will think of a cumudgeon I know who lives there, and if I ever get to Carabou I hve a friend or two up there and when in traffic from Gorham to Portland I will wonder if the person in front of me just relocated, if the brokerman or the fan-me guy is selling that house with the for sale sign.....You are all dear dear friends to me, friends I can share and open to.....my cyber community of friends. I want to keep you just as you are to me...safe and available and not diminished in any way by what passes as reality.
You have such a lovely way with words, elston!! Though you may indeed meet one of us some day You never know, the world is small .....

Old 12-24-2007, 09:04 AM

874 posts, read 1,856,395 times
Waaah! Can't give any more reps for 24 hours. Darn. Sorry if I missed anyone.

Old 12-24-2007, 09:12 AM

Chrishmish fish by anychance????????????????????????????????????????? ????????????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine