Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:16 PM

131 posts, read 410,660 times

Advertisements

We just adopted two kittens. However, we can't come up with any names we like. Any suggestions. They are both female, but we don't really care about gender specific names. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2011, 12:53 PM

1,895 posts, read 5,899,461 times
Ginger and Curry. (Because that's what I am smelling right now!)

Ruby and Pearl

Or try this site? :
Cat Names

Old 10-22-2011, 01:17 PM

48,112 posts, read 21,992,097 times
"Neko" is the Japanese word for "cat"......if I were getting a cat I would probably name it neko.

Since you have two cats I might stay with the Japanese and call the other one Ohayo (pronounced similar to OHIO (with the "Y" sound before the final O)

Old 10-22-2011, 01:22 PM

2,104 posts, read 3,008,476 times
lol, I like that, Ginger and Curry

Old 10-22-2011, 01:26 PM

12,825 posts, read 21,993,461 times
Hillary Kitten and Kitty Purry (celebrity spin-offs).

I have two boys. Meow Zedong and Kitten Jong il.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:09 PM

1,816 posts, read 3,389,791 times
With what Elston suggested, "Ebi" is shrimp in Japanese. Good if one kitten is smaller than the other maybe.

How about Red and Sox?

Old 10-22-2011, 02:20 PM

6,630 posts, read 13,535,602 times
Baxter and Pamola.

Old 10-22-2011, 02:25 PM

1,920 posts, read 4,319,184 times
What kinds of cats are they? What do they look like? Are they inside cats or ourside cats or both? What kind environment do they live in? How did you feel when you got them? How do you feel now?

What is your favorite fantasy novel?

I usually chose names on the basis of some of the above pices of information. We had several pets with names from Lord of the Rings, or from CS Lewis' Narnia novels. We had one that we names Rudolf Nureyev(Nurri for short), hoping that by giving him a ballet dancer's name woul decrease his incredible klutziness.

Old 10-22-2011, 03:27 PM

2,712 posts, read 5,652,361 times
My cats are mostly named something that relates to how or when or where they came to live with me...

I have Harker (who hijacked my truck on Harkers Island, NC), Jackson (from Jacksonville, NC), 13 (I usually don't spell it out) who we got on Friday the 13th, Sparky, who was rescued from the engine compartment of a neighbor's truck (did NOT want a cat named "Ford"). There is Sherrie (after the Sheraton Hotel in Atlantic Beach, NC... the remaining one of three ferals that were neutered by the Kindness Clinic -- a mobile spay-neuter clinic that my partner worked for at the time. The other two, Abbie (from A.B. Atlantic Beach, and Kindness, after the clinic, have disappeared.. none were ever really tamed and happy as house cats and outdoor cats do have a tendency to disappear.) Also there is Moose... a black longhair adopted from fellow CDers, RHB and Forest Beekeeper. He was so named because at least THAT way I would be able to see a moose in Maine (heck, I have one in my bed every night! LOL

We also have Ghost -- formally Grey Ghost because after I rescued her from under a car in the apartment parking lot and brought her inside, she was seldom seen for a good while, and Agnes and Buster -- whose names don't relate to anything. Buster is a polydactyl kitty that also came through the Kindness clinic (the original adopter only wanted the little black female that he was associated with when caught. I let the clinic director talk me into taking him and in our first conversation, I said something like "Well, Buster, what ARE we going to do with you?" and it just seemed to fit. Shortly after he came to live with me, a tiny black kitten just showed up on my back steps! No, it was not "his" black female, but I am pretty sure he "called" to the universe for his missing friend. She just seemed to be an Agnes.

I have also had cats named Moonshadow (shades of grey, markings like a Siamese), Colorado Rocky Mountain Red Cat (Red for short) and Something Else Entirely (called Something Else... he was a semi-long haired black cat that turned grey when you petted him against the grain, turning into something else entirely.

I have also known cats called Dog -- pronounced as dog and also as "dee-OH-gee."

Last edited by starwalker; 10-22-2011 at 03:31 PM.. Reason: forgot a kitty!

Old 10-22-2011, 03:54 PM

4 posts, read 9,475 times
my boys just picked up a stray kitten and i named him "Shark Bait"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine