Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 10:20 AM

4,565 posts, read 10,662,183 times

Advertisements

I looked at a house at Lake Arrowhead about a year ago..... then I looked at the home owner association financials, budgets and what the association is responsible for. I decided not to touch it. There are too few houses in that association to burden the high costs of what they need to maintain. Long term, costs will be very high which will result in special assessments above the already high cost of the monthly association fee on top of your property taxes. Unless the city takes it over, I see big financial problems for this association and its homeowners.

Association Site:
https://www.lacinc.org/homesite/

Last edited by 399083453; 06-15-2010 at 10:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-14-2014, 04:10 PM

1 posts, read 815 times
The Lake Arrowhead Community Association is actively working to control the milfoil problem on the lake. Four years ago people were predicting the lake would turn into a swamp. Today it remains fine for boating, crystal clear clean water for swimming with nicely maintained beaches for members of the community to use. The community employs two divers full time to harvest the milfoil and also organizes the members to pull milfoil when the water level is down in the fall. These efforts have been successful in controlling the milfoil for nearly ten years now. We have been here 33 years and it's as beautiful now as it was when we first came here, although significantly more developed
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine