Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2011, 01:38 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,640 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailmonkey View Post
Yes, you do. I joined for the info, and there are some great pics on there.
Hmmm, I didn't realize you couldn't see posted pics if you're not registered. I know some areas you can't see until you've made so many posts such as a classified thread and others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2011, 07:46 PM

503 posts, read 1,025,640 times
I asked the admins about it and yes you can't see pics if not registered or logged in. They had to make some things secret because a group from another forum would come there and for lack of a better word, steal their detecting sites. In other words they'd go to the forum, see what others are finding and where then go their in a group and just tear up the area. they'd leave any holes they dug and any trash they find strewn all over. Our group always refills any hole dug, even in unpopulated areas. Any trash we find leaves with us and is disposed of properly. That group gives metal detecting a bad name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine