Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: For whom are you voting?
Eliot Cutler 1 1.92%
Paul LePage 27 51.92%
Libby Mitchell 13 25.00%
Shawn Moody 1 1.92%
Kevin Scott 0 0%
I don't know yet. 10 19.23%
Voters: 52. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-03-2010, 08:53 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times

Advertisements

I must be missing something, according to the returns, not everyone is in, including Scarborough, we're at 93% returns. There is less than 2% of a margin between Cutler and LePage.

If LePage wins, I'll need to stock up on duct tape... I'll be sending it with Maker and Raye (Republicans whom I gladly supported) to use on him in Disgusta. God knows, the first time he gets ticked off we'll see "Enraged LePage" in full force.

Oh, and before anyone goes off on a tirade here, I'm not being snarky about "I must be missing something".... I don't know if we're sure or not due to population of the remaining precincts yet to report.

Last edited by mollysmiles; 11-03-2010 at 09:01 AM.. Reason: covering my a**....

Old 11-03-2010, 09:31 AM

10,428 posts, read 18,694,037 times
Don't hyperventilate. Breathe into a paper bag and think peaceful thoughts.

Eliot Cutler called Paul around 10 AM and conceded. We are on the way back to economic opportunity and fiscal responsibility in Maine.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:12 AM

2,356 posts, read 5,721,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mollysmiles View Post
I must be missing something, according to the returns, not everyone is in, including Scarborough, we're at 93% returns. There is less than 2% of a margin between Cutler and LePage.

If LePage wins, I'll need to stock up on duct tape... I'll be sending it with Maker and Raye (Republicans whom I gladly supported) to use on him in Disgusta. God knows, the first time he gets ticked off we'll see "Enraged LePage" in full force.

Oh, and before anyone goes off on a tirade here, I'm not being snarky about "I must be missing something".... I don't know if we're sure or not due to population of the remaining precincts yet to report.
I voted for lepage but I am not sold on him. Everyone else was politics as usual as far as I was concerned and lepage was the only one who offered a different direction for the state.

Unfortunately we cant just roll back all the damage that has been done over the past 30 years. That could hurt the state and ruin the golden opportunity that has been giving to the Republicans..

Old 11-03-2010, 10:13 AM

6,631 posts, read 13,549,405 times
Headlines on January 1: Aphtae epizooticae discovered in Augusta.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:25 AM

Perception may seem like everything, but it's the truth that matters.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:32 AM

134 posts, read 344,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northern Maine Land Man View Post
Perception may seem like everything, but it's the truth that matters.
And the truth is that things are about to get a lot worse before they have any chance of ever getting better.
Answer this: if the election had been a two man race between Cutler and LePage, what percentage of Mainers(yes the people the governor is supposed to represent) would have voted for cutler and what percent would have voted for LePage?

How can you be happy to be ruled over by a man who less than 40% of you fellow Mainers support?

Old 11-03-2010, 10:57 AM

7,395 posts, read 13,106,027 times
Quote:
...We are on the way back to economic opportunity and fiscal responsibility in Maine.
I really, really, really hope you're right. I'm worried about this "choice" that so few of the people in the state have made. He supports nuclear power, he doesn't have a clear plan for education or for putting people to work. He's made plenty of remarks about what needs to change, but very little about how he intends on changing it.

How is he going to change education when the city he was mayor of has the highest dropout rate in the state? And frankly, *most* of Marden's employees are not full time and do not receive any type of benefits. If he can't change for the better the things he's directly linked to then I am skeptical that things statewide are going to change. Add that to being a hot head.... I'm worried.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:00 AM

325 posts, read 706,423 times
Me too. He has the potential for doing far more harm than good.

Old 11-03-2010, 11:19 AM

8,767 posts, read 18,677,393 times
Quote:
Don't hyperventilate. Breathe into a paper bag and think peaceful thoughts.

Eliot Cutler called Paul around 10 AM and conceded. We are on the way back to economic opportunity and fiscal responsibility in Maine.
Excellent. And now best of all we get to change the color of the state from BLUE to Red!!! Republicans again rule Maine!!!

Old 11-03-2010, 11:22 AM

We had five candidates for governor. For the last 16 years we have had governors elected from fields of multiple candidates and our present governor has been referred to as G38 for shorthand because he was elected with 38% of the vote. Angus King was far to the left of the other candidates, but he bamboozled the voters with much the same line that Cutler attempted.

Nuclear power is the cleanest and lowest cost power in the world today. Paul has detailed plans for education. Just look at his campaign literature. I think we may see a quick uptick in the dropout rate statewide as we begin to require actual performance from students and teachers. Paul didn't run the school system in Waterville any more than the selectmen in towns run their local schools. That isn't how it's done in Maine, but maybe it should be, mollysmiles. Good idea.

All people have the potential for doing more harm than good. However, I believe most people try to do good. Maine people are particularly good. People from away tell us that all the time. We cannot continue down the road to economic ruin that we have experienced for the last four decades in Maine. We won't rebuild overnight, but last night was a very good first step.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine