Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2010, 10:41 AM

163 posts, read 260,596 times

Advertisements

Stuck at work today feel like Im getting nothing done because my mind is racing every which way! I hit the road tomorrow Morning Hopefully be in Calais by 3 or 4!

Are ya ready for me!?!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2010, 10:43 AM

5,245 posts, read 16,447,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishMom76 View Post
Stuck at work today feel like Im getting nothing done because my mind is racing every which way! I hit the road tomorrow Morning Hopefully be in Calais by 3 or 4!

Are ya ready for me!?!
LOL. Ive spent all day here and on Realtor.com looking at land up there. I'm getting nothing done and I've got to leave early today for a meeting. Oh yeh, I'm being real productive too - NOT!

Can't wait for ya to get there.

Old 08-10-2010, 10:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
LOL. Ive spent all day here and on Realtor.com looking at land up there. I'm getting nothing done and I've got to leave early today for a meeting. Oh yeh, I'm being real productive too - NOT!

Can't wait for ya to get there.
I know its killing me!!! What are are you looking at being able to move too?

Old 08-10-2010, 10:48 AM

Quote:
I know its killing me!!! What are are you looking at being able to move too?
Ideally, Eastport. Reminds me of the island I grew up on. In the mountains of Tennessee now, which is gorgeous, but the lack of education in the people is wearing me down. And in all honesty, I really miss the salt air and the seagulls. Sounds stupid, but it's just in my blood. I won't go back to where I was raised - totally ruined with condos lining the beach - so I'd like to find a new 'home'.

Old 08-11-2010, 07:51 AM

31 posts, read 71,502 times
Quote:
sorry I have to disagree. Big time, pets are an important part of the family once you get them, and there are WAY to many people that think its ok to adopt a pet (which comes with responsiblity) then just abandon them, which is why we have way to many homeless animals. I fully intended to keep my family in tact. No, my dog is not my kid, but my responsiblity that I accepted when I took in a life to feed and keep healthy. And because I am a responsible person when I make a commitment that commitment is followed through.
I agree with you Irishmom. I have two cats that I love to pieces and they love me. The oldest I have had for 13 years. The youngest is 3. They both weigh 18 pounds and they pile on me when I'm sleeping. I lost my white cat Jazzy about a month ago. He had a bile duct blockage. He was so sick I had to have him put down. I still break out in tears over it. He was such a lovable, funny boy. And the only emergency vets are in Portland. A long way away from where I am. I had to pay a pet deposit but there are places that accept pets. Look on Craigslist for Maine. Or Uncle Henrys. Which area do you want to move to? My landlord has a few apartments. And they are pretty reasonable.

Old 08-11-2010, 02:11 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,696,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinbad View Post
I agree with you Irishmom. I have two cats that I love to pieces and they love me. The oldest I have had for 13 years. The youngest is 3. They both weigh 18 pounds and they pile on me when I'm sleeping. I lost my white cat Jazzy about a month ago. He had a bile duct blockage. He was so sick I had to have him put down. I still break out in tears over it. He was such a lovable, funny boy. And the only emergency vets are in Portland. A long way away from where I am. I had to pay a pet deposit but there are places that accept pets. Look on Craigslist for Maine. Or Uncle Henrys. Which area do you want to move to? My landlord has a few apartments. And they are pretty reasonable.
Hey my cat is 16 years old and deaf as a haddock. We didn't have to pay a deposit for our cat or dog because we OWN our home! If you OWN your home nobody can keep you from having a pet .

Old 08-11-2010, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cinbad View Post
We are moving to the Calais area (Perry Pembroke Eastport) Where abouts are you!?

Old 08-11-2010, 02:38 PM

3,468 posts, read 7,253,742 times
Quote:
We are moving to the Calais area (Perry Pembroke Eastport) Where abouts are you!?
I wouldn't exclude parts of Alexander, Charlotte and Robbinston if I were you. Charlotte is closer to Calais than either Perry or Eastport.

Old 08-11-2010, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maineah View Post
Hey my cat is 16 years old and deaf as a haddock. We didn't have to pay a deposit for our cat or dog because we OWN our home! If you OWN your home nobody can keep you from having a pet .
Aren't they just now moving up though? I got lucky when I bought my house before moving. I'd never suggest anyone do anything as stupid as me though. They need time to really check out the area and see where they want to buy. Usually once you purchase you're stuck for a while.

Old 08-11-2010, 09:20 PM

8,767 posts, read 18,696,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrs1885 View Post
Aren't they just now moving up though? I got lucky when I bought my house before moving. I'd never suggest anyone do anything as stupid as me though. They need time to really check out the area and see where they want to buy. Usually once you purchase you're stuck for a while.
Yes they are looking but the OP said there ARE houses available in Calais for rent that unfortunately do not allow pets. When someone offers to board your pets for free so you can get established and you still can't part with them for even a short time that is not compromising IMO. You can't blame the world for not being fair if YOU'RE the one who won't bend a little. I hope she finds a place that takes pets. I really do. That would be ideal! That said if she can't,don't blame the evil restrictive landlords... take forest up on his generous and sincere offer to board the pets, move... get established, either convince the landlord to allow pets or find a new place that will allow pets instead of complaining that you have to live 6 hours away from your husband and children's father and that you're frustrated with no hope!
Options are there! Sometimes you have to make short sacrifices for long term gain! The less flexible you are the fewer options you will have.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Maine