Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 08:00 PM

5 posts, read 9,795 times

Advertisements

could anyone help me what are some of the good parts of macon to live in I heard north macon was a nice area to stay in and the schools are good. any info would be really aprreciated. I plan own moving to macon in july of this year please help me Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2010, 08:48 PM

1 posts, read 1,732 times
I moved here from Virginia a month ago and I must say I am really liking Macon, except for the fact that people here are generally unpleasant. I have said a hello, held the door open, and helped retrieve a get away cart I didn't get a thank you or a return greeting . I could understand if these were isolated incidents, however this has happened quite a few times. I hope we just ran into a few people having a bad day. I would hate to think we made a bad decision in moving here.

Old 04-02-2010, 01:31 PM

2 posts, read 3,743 times
What about Jones County schools? I went on greatschools.com and it rated their High School a 5 but then I was looking up houses on Remax and it showed the High School as a 9.

Old 04-15-2010, 07:58 AM

16 posts, read 44,196 times
I moved to Macon from Atlanta myelf. I also have lived in Augusta too. I really am liking Macon and is exploring more of the city everyday. Its great and the proximity to ATL is nice also where i go frequently for Work and Pleasure too. So far Macon has been a great joy to live in and much less stress than in Atlanta. So if you want less stress and less traffic try Macon.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:12 AM

1 posts, read 940 times
I lived in Macon my whole life and might have stayed there but as soon as I had my son we were gone. We left before he was a week old. It is completely different now then it was when I was little, and just the thought of him being raised there scared the holey daylights out of me. But I will say the main reason is the schools because unless you can afford the private schools (which I can not) hopes of having your child educated are very slim. Like I said it was a much better place to live when I was young and it's truly sad that it is the way it is now .

Old 02-04-2013, 05:24 PM

1,388 posts, read 2,254,714 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laura1023 View Post
I lived in Macon my whole life and might have stayed there but as soon as I had my son we were gone. We left before he was a week old. It is completely different now then it was when I was little, and just the thought of him being raised there scared the holey daylights out of me. But I will say the main reason is the schools because unless you can afford the private schools (which I can not) hopes of having your child educated are very slim. Like I said it was a much better place to live when I was young and it's truly sad that it is the way it is now .
That is terribly unfortunate but I understand. Macon's schools are deplorable. That is the number one issue facing Macon and unfortunately far too many of its citizens are too ignorant to realize Dallemand is a snake oil salesman. Maybe one day they will wake up.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Georgia > Macon