Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-14-2009, 06:08 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 6 days ago)

52,712 posts, read 48,019,066 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by High_Plains_Retired View Post
Me too. Odd but Lubbock was the only city I lived in during my career where I had a bumper sticker that read that I loved it.

My sticker wasn't pink though.

Now don't they have stickers that say "Legendary Lubbock"? They've got to be out there.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:51 PM

4,716 posts, read 8,586,279 times
Quote:
Me too. Odd but Lubbock was the only city I lived in during my career where I had a bumper sticker that read that I loved it.

My sticker wasn't pink though.
Just out of curiosity, where are you originally from, and where all have you lived?

Old 01-14-2009, 10:48 PM

2,328 posts, read 3,942,621 times
Quote:
Give a few of us some time. Westerner, shoe01, and myself will fix Lubbock if you think it's terrible.

Really, I've visited numerous places (such as Vancouver, BC, San Diego, Washington, DC, Seattle, all the large TX cities, etc.) and Lubbock definitely ranks in the top five (believe it or not) imo. While its downtown deserves a makeover and a few other things need improvement, it's very nice in a lot of ways.

Old 01-15-2009, 12:44 PM

15,446 posts, read 21,381,258 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by case44 View Post
Now don't they have stickers that say "Legendary Lubbock"? They've got to be out there.
I haven't seen that one. The "I Love Lubbock" bumper sticker in the 1980s came from a trip to Lubbock by then President G.H. Bush who afterward commented that he "loved Lubbock."

Old 01-15-2009, 12:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westerner92 View Post
Just out of curiosity, where are you originally from, and where all have you lived?
I'm originally from the Pineywoods of deep east Texas but as an adult have lived in Bovina, Muleshoe and Lubbock, TX, Clovis and Albuquerque, NM, New Orleans, LA and the Washington, D.C. area (not in that order). As a child I lived in several other Texas towns including Houston. Lubbock beats them all by far.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:37 PM

389 posts, read 1,657,833 times
My opinion of Lubbock is what Plainview would have been if it would have been allowed to grow.I don't understand it but it happened.I used to live in the area and always had to go to Lubbock if I couldn't find what I wanted in its neighbor to the northeast.

Old 01-15-2009, 03:38 PM
Status: "Let's replace the puppet show with actual leadership." (set 6 days ago)

52,712 posts, read 48,019,066 times
Default Legendary Lubbock

Quote:
I haven't seen that one. The "I Love Lubbock" bumper sticker in the 1980s came from a trip to Lubbock by then President G.H. Bush who afterward commented that he "loved Lubbock."

Oh, well. I thought they would be out there.

Old 01-16-2009, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diamond Dee View Post
My opinion of Lubbock is what Plainview would have been if it would have been allowed to grow.I don't understand it but it happened.I used to live in the area and always had to go to Lubbock if I couldn't find what I wanted in its neighbor to the northeast.

My recent rural home search on the southern High Plains which spanned a period of several years made me realize that only Lubbock and Hale Counties have any wealth outside that found at the Office of the Tax Assessor. Hockley County also seems to do somewhat well with Levelland and the County's petroleum resources.

Old 05-10-2009, 11:59 PM

5 posts, read 13,350 times
Quote:
I'm originally from the Pineywoods of deep east Texas but as an adult have lived in Bovina, Muleshoe and Lubbock, TX, Clovis and Albuquerque, NM, New Orleans, LA and the Washington, D.C. area (not in that order). As a child I lived in several other Texas towns including Houston. Lubbock beats them all by far.
I was born in Muleshoe.

I am as of right now in Angleton (just south of Houston) but I am moving to Plainview at the end of the month (May).

I miss all the flat ground up there even though living here for close to 12 years I will miss the Gulf and all the trees, but however I will not miss the humidity.

Old 05-17-2009, 07:30 AM

42 posts, read 210,802 times
I spent my first 33 years in SE Wisconsin.
4 years in Nevada,
22 in Calif.
5 in Maryland and
3 in Lubbock.
Lubbock is far and away the best place I have found.
Low cost of living, low cost of housing, LOW HUMIDITY, no traffic problems ,and no state income tax. But the best thing about Lubbock , compared to elseware, are the wonderful people. Very friendly to strangers, even to Yankees. I live and play on the South side of Lubbock which is the newest part. I can get to the airport ,which is on the North side of town, in 15 min at rush hour.
Yes, I love Lubbock
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Texas > Lubbock