Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area
 [Register]
Louisville area Jefferson County
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-07-2014, 03:51 PM

4,826 posts, read 14,318,812 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissingIndiana View Post
Yes, I would say you're wrong on multiple points, but mostly in that you seem to be attacking somene about a statement you never understood in the first place. The original comment you started this rant off of said they were happy that the murder rate had gone down so much. No one said that many murders was still ok, just that it was good the number had gone down. That decrease indicates not so much that the police are doing their job, but more so that the community is headed in a positive rather than negative direction. I'm not really sure why you have such a problem that people would be excited or proud that the murder rate in their city had gone down or why there is a need for the attitude that anything short of the impossible is acceptable.
You are correct, the current thread does not validate my "attitude" by itself alone. I have watched and participated in this conversation for many years both on this site and with several spilled coffees.

Here is a fact, western Louisville (West Louisville is a town in Daviess County, KY), Shively, Newburg and the fringes of downtown Louisville have horrible property values yet they have the highest drains on tax dollars. Those areas require more fire, more police, more ems and traumatic use of the hospitals at taxpayer expense and there costs are far greater than the tax revenues produced.

One can argue that it's unfair to the non-residents and businesses to have to pay those shortages, but I feel that it's far more unfair to those who must live there, for whatever reasons. Those are the people, especially the children, who are so unjustly burdened.

We build a super highway and it fills up just like the old 4-lane Watterson Expressway did. Even the 6-10 lanes of the modern Watterson are not enough. Likewise, we can build more and more beds in prisons, as we have the past 20 years and we are forced to release thugs back into the communities where they simply behave in prison-trained manners and when they go back to prison, like a visitor who lives behind small-pox, the communities are damaged again and again.

Yes, you can keep celebrating or to tame my rhetoric down, accepting that a number, any number, is to be expected or we can take immediate and effective action to destroy the war-zone attitudes.

We must stop paying people to sit home and get paid to make more babies who will be on welfare and desperate and pleading for more. We must teach people work again. There must be consequences and one of those consequences must be the satisfaction that comes from gainful employment. We must put marriage and babies in proper order, and we must make certain that people in their 20's, 30's, & even 40's realize that age 65 is not a forever free to live zone.

I don't have all the answers, that's for certain, but what's going on in American poverty areas must be changed.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2014, 06:33 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,768,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomocox View Post
Ok, so I am wrong. That's great, but am I really? May not stop all the murders, heck even the historic times of Rome or Bible mention murder and heck, Christ was crucified next to a common thief. I am not ignorant, but this I do know, lifers back on the street won't be killing their next innocent little girl sitting on her porch, or in her families living room.

The war zones must be cleared. I am a Realtor. I make my living selling homes and getting paid a commission based on how much they sell for. War zones, ie. Detroit, have little or no value.

Now, let's talk about human value. Politically liberal people evidentially don't have much for other people's lives. Abortion of humans, but don't dare harm the feather of an owl. Murder just for the heck of it, as 45 of the 55 Louisville deaths likely were. (The other 10 yes they had value, but their deaths like Sgt. York said when he shot 20 Germans, saved many more.)

You who think crime is ok at any number really need to stop being apologetic. Please think about it.
My point is that the death penalty is not a good deterrent against homicide. I do believe in the death penalty for special situations but it will not lower homicide rates.

Murder has been around since the first animals walked the earth, and will be here until the sun goes out and human life ends. The best mankind can do is to limit it to as low a level as possible. Louisville should be applauded for limiting it to its lowest level in years.

Politically liberal people don't have much for other people's lives? Your liberal governor, Steve Beshear, is busting himself getting ACA health insurance (which will allow people to get life saving medical care) to several of the most vulnerable counties in KY in regards to healthcare. If that is not regards for other people's lives, what is?

Old 01-08-2014, 08:10 PM

The health care the politically liberal governor is giving to the people of the vulnerable counties? No, my friend, the politically liberal governor is not giving anything. He is ruling by fiat. Every person in those counties that needed medical care was already getting it via Medicaid already.

The super successful Kentucky roll out of ACA. Yelp, last I heard (about new years day) every enrollee of Kynect (brand name for KY's exchange) was either a Medicaid or subsidized enrollee.... somebody has to pay those bills... who shall it be?

Now, let me tell you who it will be, it will be the super-poor. Prices of food, clothing, shelter, transportation, etc will rise. They will rise so the firms who manufacture, distribute, and retail goods and services can make a profit. Profit=the only reason to ever be able to stay in business. There must be profits... profits are taxed, taxes pay for medicine...

You who believe otherwise, better wise up.

Old 01-08-2014, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dissenter View Post
My point is that the death penalty is not a good deterrent against homicide. I do believe in the death penalty for special situations but it will not lower homicide rates.

Murder has been around since the first animals walked the earth, and will be here until the sun goes out and human life ends. The best mankind can do is to limit it to as low a level as possible. Louisville should be applauded for limiting it to its lowest level in years.

Politically liberal people don't have much for other people's lives? Your liberal governor, Steve Beshear, is busting himself getting ACA health insurance (which will allow people to get life saving medical care) to several of the most vulnerable counties in KY in regards to healthcare. If that is not regards for other people's lives, what is?
As I wrote earlier, I agree murder has been and always will be a human failure. Maybe the death penalty won't stop murder, but let me ask you this, "don't you think the person who murders another believes in the death penalty?" If you believe in something and you aren't willing to suffer what you believe, doesn't that create a problem?

Old 05-13-2014, 01:26 AM

5 posts, read 13,393 times
LOL this has nothing to do with Metro PoPo. This is directly related to citizens carrying their own firearms and accepting responsibility for THEIR own protection. No cop is going to protect you, it is your own responsibility. Plus the scum in Jeff. County know that if they even try to venture out to Oldham Co. things are not going to end very well for them.

Old 05-13-2014, 06:47 AM

45 posts, read 79,986 times
So let me get this straight.

One second those 50 dead are poor souls and the next humans having babies (and not abortions) are scum?

And the conclusion is that this really affects real estate values which is how you make you "living".

Human value much?

Oh and let's just also take a dump on "liberals" while we're at it.

What a well rounded Troll you are. (Which I hope is the case, otherwise you might hurt yourself when you fall off that mighty high pulpit you spew from and still not realize what kind of person you actually are).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kentucky > Louisville area