Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 AM

2,625 posts, read 11,216,251 times

Advertisements

Rappers are always bragging that even after they make it, that they still hang in their "hoods" is this true? Do you still see Suge or Game in Compton, snoop in Long beach etc etc....

Old 04-14-2009, 09:56 AM

9,525 posts, read 30,468,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Rappers are always bragging that even after they make it, that they still hang in their "hoods" is this true? Do you still see Suge or Game in Compton, snoop in Long beach etc etc....
It's all just pretend. Those guys are entertainers. They are telling a story, a fantasy. It's not real. They don't live in Compton or the bad areas of Long Beach. Snoop Dogg lives in the affluent suburban community of Diamond Bar.

Rap music is an entertainment product which is created and distributed by music executives and owned by large corporations. It is not a lifestyle as many seem to believe. Rappers may or may not actually be what they claim to be. Many went to college for music or entertainment.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:27 AM

5,113 posts, read 19,758,544 times
but Snoop does participate in the community though, and is seen on occasion in the area. He does something with youth football in Long Beach or another poor mainly black area in so cal.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:43 AM

16,257 posts, read 43,173,029 times
Long Beach probably appears like a poor area in the California spectrum...but to every other poor area throughout the U.S., Long Beach looks fantastic with great beaches, great weather, etc.

I've often though if I could afford to live in Long Beach, even in the more dangerous-looking areas, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Old 04-14-2009, 11:19 AM

1,203 posts, read 4,418,096 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Beer View Post
Long Beach probably appears like a poor area in the California spectrum...but to every other poor area throughout the U.S., Long Beach looks fantastic with great beaches, great weather, etc.

I've often though if I could afford to live in Long Beach, even in the more dangerous-looking areas, I'd do it in a heartbeat.
I hope you aren't being serious.

Old 04-14-2009, 12:59 PM

9 posts, read 92,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhcompy View Post
but Snoop does participate in the community though, and is seen on occasion in the area. He does something with youth football in Long Beach or another poor mainly black area in so cal.
True, he's still active in the community, so I guess you could say he still goes to his old neighborhood.

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnoxTown View Post
I hope you aren't being serious.
what I was thinking.

Old 04-14-2009, 04:20 PM

17,440 posts, read 28,592,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sassberto View Post
It's all just pretend. Those guys are entertainers. They are telling a story, a fantasy. It's not real. They don't live in Compton or the bad areas of Long Beach. Snoop Dogg lives in the affluent suburban community of Diamond Bar.
Ice Cube did live in Windsor Hills, don't know if he's still there. Of course, Windsor Hills is no more of a ghetto than Brentwood is. I think Ice-T is in Agoura Hills or Calabasas.

Quote:
Rap music is an entertainment product which is created and distributed by music executives and owned by large corporations. It is not a lifestyle as many seem to believe. Rappers may or may not actually be what they claim to be. Many went to college for music or entertainment.
A large number of struggling actors have gone into the rap game and pretend to be "gangsta" as a role that they're playing, which has nothing to do with their real lives growing up. When Spike Lee made "Bamboozled", he really did have a point in depicting gangsta rap as essentially the new minstrel show....

Old 04-14-2009, 04:36 PM

2,960 posts, read 3,528,739 times
Quote:

Long Beach is a big city, it has its good areas and its bad areas.

Old 04-14-2009, 05:52 PM

52,212 posts, read 52,636,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LEVOW View Post
Ice T lives up in the Hollywood hills. Cube lives out in Encino.

I don't blame those guys, I'd get the f out myself.

The hood is a little over rated. Granted those two guys are in the late 30's,early forties so that may have something to do with it.

Old 04-14-2009, 06:04 PM

1,310 posts, read 4,137,328 times
Snoop lives in Chino Hills/Diamond Bar area.

BUT, back in the day, Easy-E never ever moved out of Compton. He lived there even after making it back. He was a true G. He lived in the house he grew up in until he died (well he died in the hospital, but you know what I mean).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles