Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 03:07 PM

142 posts, read 754,711 times

Advertisements

where are there cheap affordable apartments for someone to live alone in LA?
I'm sure most people will say to live where you work, and I totally agree. You can probably find a studio for $1,000 or a one-bedroom for a $1,350 around areas like Studio City, North Hollywood, Burbank, or North Los Angeles, around Hollywood. You say you have saved about $5,000, that won't be enough to move here unless you already have a job. I came with $10,000 and it was gone in three months. Thankfully I was receiving pay from my previous job for two months after I was already here.
Is parking a problem there?
Parking is not a problem as long as you live in a place that offers parking with your rental. That's the first thing you need to ask about. Also, make sure you plan on deposit$.
Is it hard to find work?
Yes, it is hard, especially right now. I looked for a job in a new field for about two months until I gave up because nobody ever called me (after like 400 resumes) and applied for the same thing I was doing back home. You might have to do RN to make sure you're able to survive here.
How long do you have to work in L.A. before you can get an apartment?
My roommate and I were very lucky. We rented a guesthouse from a house and we both weren't working yet. I think the owner though we were nice enough. Plus, we offered to show him bank statements that showed we could pay our rent with no problems. I hear most places WILL ask you for two or three pay-stubs to show proof of income. You can always rent a furnished studio at Oakwood, but it's expensive. There, they won't ask you to have a job because it's just temporary, as long as you can pay you're good. My roommate and I did that when we first moved here while we looked around.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-18-2009, 09:09 PM

14 posts, read 19,844 times
thanks for the info Ive found some areas but I'm not sure yet about them because i don't know the area i guess the best thing for me to do is take a trip up there and look around for what i like thanks for the info so how are things working out for u know

Old 01-18-2009, 11:00 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKAGURL View Post
well how much would you recommend that is why I'm asking the questions i live in San Antonio Texas right now i live in a 3 bed room house 2 bathrooms and i pay 625.00 rent deposit was half the rent and i know nothing about la like how much apartments are or deposits and things like that can U help?
You betta stay there cause you're not ready for Los Angeles at all...its all in your post...you not ready sweetie. LA will eat you up at this point. For one YOU ARE NOT going to find an apartment for $625. That's not happening...even in your dreams of moving to LA. Stay put sweetie get some more edumacation and save some money.

Old 01-19-2009, 07:48 AM

Thank you for the advice i do have an education. How would you know LA would eat me up? based on information on where i live now come on please i didnt think that is what it was like up there i was simply saying that that was the price down in texas of rent is. Honestly i had a question and thank you for not answering that question at all please if your not going to answer the question that im asking why reply at all????

Old 01-19-2009, 07:49 AM

sorry for the spelling errors and grammar people i didnt know i was getting graded people do make mistakes!!!! im only human

Old 01-19-2009, 03:43 PM

359 posts, read 1,312,384 times
Default like i said....

lol... you ain't ready sweetie. You can't be that sensitive and make it in LA! You gotza be a tough blackagurl! :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACKAGURL View Post
sorry for the spelling errors and grammar people i didnt know i was getting graded people do make mistakes!!!! im only human
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles