Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-14-2019, 10:15 AM

1,962 posts, read 4,498,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sean1the1 View Post
For the city of Los Angeles yes, but out in the IE, and antelope valley. There's plenty of folks who fit into this category.
OP said "this city", meaning Los Angeles. More specifically, the governance of this city probably wouldn't be much for this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-14-2019, 06:41 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,481,480 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Well I knew Dale, but for the life of me can't figure out why LA would name a street after him. Charlotte NC, yeah , but LA?
I met him through a contact I had with Richard Childress Racing. I have done a lot of racing and know a lot of people in the Industry. Dale was a good guy, just a bit competitive.

Old 06-14-2019, 07:06 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,740,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
I met him through a contact I had with Richard Childress Racing. I have done a lot of racing and know a lot of people in the Industry. Dale was a good guy, just a bit competitive.
Which series were you in?

Old 06-23-2019, 01:11 PM

2 posts, read 1,535 times
Because even libreal California is still very homopobic in 2019 even when it comes to bisexual famous ppl

Old 06-23-2019, 04:58 PM

8,612 posts, read 11,052,858 times
Sounds like the op has a serious crush on this guy, whoever he is.

Bob.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:41 PM

2,916 posts, read 11,096,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
How is it America's greatest race car driver in the history of race car driving, Dale Earhardt, the one and only Ironhead, The Intimidator, The Man in Black, doesn't have a street named after him in this city? We have streets named after all sorts of people, but not Ironhead? Seriously? That's just awful. What a disgrace. Dale Earnhardt was a man amongst men, and if more people in this city periodically asked themselves, "Would Dale Earnhardt do something like this?", we'd have a much better city in which to live. L.A. is #3 car country.
Maybe, if he had also made a significant contribution to California politics, been instrumental in helping to create a state park along the beautiful coast, or made a name for himself in the studio business, I could see a call for something named in his honor. But strictly for NASCAR, Los Angeles seems a strange fit for that.

Old 06-23-2019, 06:53 PM

6,524 posts, read 7,598,942 times
A sports figure that has nothing to do with Los Angeles, how odd. Maybe Jimmie Johnson one day, at least Jimmie is from Southern California although he is from the San Diego area.

Why doesn't Muhammad Ali have a street in LA?

Old 06-23-2019, 08:34 PM

13,585 posts, read 15,740,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post
A sports figure that has nothing to do with Los Angeles, how odd. Maybe Jimmie Johnson one day, at least Jimmie is from Southern California although he is from the San Diego area.

Dale is from the U.S.A., and L.A. is part of the U.S.A.

Furthermore, Dale should take priority over Jimmie, since Dale never drove a Hendricks cheater car equipped with traction control and who knows what other illegal stuff.

L.A. is Ironhead country!

Old 06-24-2019, 10:39 AM

3,416 posts, read 2,481,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malcorub16 View Post

There’s huge Jimmie Johnson Drive sign’s anchoring 2nd St. in his hometown of El Cajon. I believe it has his trophies on them as well? This makes sense, having a street named after Dale Earnhardt in LA doesn’t at all.

Old 06-24-2019, 01:49 PM

4,481 posts, read 2,299,397 times
Would make more sense to have a street named Paul Newman or Steve McQueen. (Someone will tell me they already exists)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles