Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-05-2018, 12:47 PM

10,672 posts, read 6,160,181 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TCROX View Post
I love PRESIDENT Trump! I don't care anymore about howpersonal life than the left wingers did about Clinton's committing adultery in the Oval office! The libs even supported him way beyond his presidency. ...so much for disparaging President Trump huh..Trump is about helping our economy and Clinton just tried to give away to enemies at record clip...
The number are coming in and TRUMP is doing more to help our economy than even I imagined.
And thank God ( Jesus's dad) for a LAW AND ODER president.
Sorry lefties- you wont make me change my mind or feel bad with name calling or insults- that's about all you have left so go for it-- we the people are ready to make America GREAT again - and the whole country is hoping you will join us to help restore the quality of life and great economy we once had before the left wing elitists saw how easily swayed some people are.
I am praying that California will have the sense enough to vote in someone like Trump that wants to fix messes , get cool stuff done in the economy and pass the torch on to future patriots!
First thing to do is to dismantle jerry's army of "homeless" criminals! Institute work and productivity related programs that will give these life-long criminals and do-nothings the choice between self-sufficiency and virtually permanent supervised ,well armed oversight. I'll NEVER change my position,but, once you lefties become a victim- you just might.
Based on what I've seen in this thread. Making America great again is making it into a totalitarian government.

Hope you've been practicing your Russian..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-05-2018, 04:30 PM

872 posts, read 606,560 times
I don't need to; the Russians want to speak American English-
Let em come

Old 03-05-2018, 05:32 PM

18,172 posts, read 16,558,849 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Based on what I've seen in this thread. Making America great again is making it into a totalitarian government.

Hope you've been practicing your Russian..
Well CA is a one party State kinda like ... Russia.

Old 03-05-2018, 05:42 PM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by expatCA View Post
Well CA is a one party State kinda like ... Russia.
There are 26 states with Republican trifectas so I guess they are kinda like Russia too?

Old 03-05-2018, 06:24 PM

17,815 posts, read 25,770,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodentraiser View Post
I was told back in the 90s I couldn't register to vote because I couldn't supply a valid address. I was using a PO box at the time. I'm glad that isn't true anymore and I bet there's a bunch of politicians who wish it were!

Like the current president, kids with three different women. I may be wrong, but aren't the first two single moms now because of him? And before you say it, I would think if everyone could declare bankruptcy four times, they could probably support their kids, too.

You can't go down that road - you just can't. I mean, I'm as unhappy as anyone about people having kids they can't afford, but what does "afford" mean? And at what point do you tell people they can't have any more kids?

Do we really want to open that can of worms?

Is being able to afford kids having $200,000 in the bank? Or maybe $800,000? Do we force would be parents to buy CODs in that amount or not allow them to have kids?

Ask your own parents one day how much money they had when they had you? In the last forty years alone, if kids were allowed to be born to only the parents who could afford them, we'd be seeing a huge decrease in the number of people in our country today. How many of those would be CD posters?

Do we really want to be the nation that forces men and women to be temporarily sterilized until they can show the government and everybody else that they have enough money to support a kid? Do we really want to be the nation that puts a money value on a child?

And to add to that, does anyone here talking about people having too many kids they can't afford, really understand what the failure rates of birth control are? And I'm going to throw this in as well: how can people on the one hand complain about parents having children they can't afford and on the other hand, also complain when people take steps to not have children they either can't afford or don't want?

I'm saying this to everyone. I'm not saying this specifically to seain dublin.

What does afford mean?

Maybe I can help you with that. In 2014 it was time for me to buy a new car. Did I go out and by a Porsche that I couldn't afford? No, I went out a bought a small economy car and am happy with it. I could have spent more, but I would rather have the money.

My parents in the 1960s stopped at two because they wanted us to have a decent middle class lifestyle in the suburbs of NYC. Now we were Irish Catholic, and that was unusual however my parents were progressive thinkers and didn't listen to Catholic church.

You see how that goes? Choices.

Here's one more example for you, people who get married these days and they have a $50K wedding, middle class people who go into debt, or their parents take out a second mortgage on their home. when they should be planning for retirement. You don't have $50K weddings on up unless you're very, very wealthy.

But it's the American way to spend more than you have for most.

Don't have children you can't afford, these people profiled in the videos weren't people who lost good paying jobs, exhausted 3 years of savings, and now are in a motel. They were barely getting by during normal times for them and had no safety net.

Any clearer? It's cruel to the children.

And you shouldn't need the govt. to tell you to stop, or forced sterilization(so dramatic), how about saying "we can't afford it", whether it be kids, a McManison, fancy car, expensive trip, etc.

Old 03-05-2018, 07:19 PM

7,650 posts, read 5,170,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by seain dublin View Post
What does afford mean?

Maybe I can help you with that. In 2014 it was time for me to buy a new car. Did I go out and by a Porsche that I couldn't afford? No, I went out a bought a small economy car and am happy with it. I could have spent more, but I would rather have the money.

My parents in the 1960s stopped at two because they wanted us to have a decent middle class lifestyle in the suburbs of NYC. Now we were Irish Catholic, and that was unusual however my parents were progressive thinkers and didn't listen to Catholic church.

Here's one more example for you, people who get married these days and they have a $50K wedding, middle class people who go into debt, or their parents take out a second mortgage on their home. when they should be planning for retirement. You don't have $50K weddings on up unless you're very, very wealthy.

Don't have children you can't afford, these people profiled in the videos weren't people who lost good paying jobs, exhausted 3 years of savings, and now are in a motel. They were barely getting by during normal times for them and had no safety net.

And you shouldn't need the govt. to tell you to stop, or forced sterilization(so dramatic), how about saying "we can't afford it", whether it be kids, a McManison, fancy car, expensive trip, etc.
What about the people who were making good money and did exhaust their savings because no one was hiring? Making a video about drug addicted homeless is a straw man and a really weak straw man at that.

Yes, everyone agrees that 2 drug addicted homeless people making kids is cruel and it is their own fault. The trouble is the professional family who burned down their savings is becoming more and more people and soon it will be impossible to keep setting up these straw men to break down and a long hard look at legislating the buisness class in America will have to be looked at because they wont be able to hide their mass lay offs and miserly hiring at lower wages under the rug before people get fed up.

The drunk bums having kids will soon be in such a minority as to be noise compared to the professionals loosing jobs to mass lay offs, unable to find suitable replacement work in a timely manner.

Old 03-05-2018, 10:35 PM

10,672 posts, read 6,160,181 times
Quote:
What does afford mean?

Difference is younger people these days choose to drive less, are not having kids as much. Because everything has become disproportionately expensive.
I remember reading an article about diamond companies saying that they're losing sales because the majority of millennial's just don't care about that shiny crap.

Old 03-06-2018, 01:07 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,626,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicano3000X View Post
Difference is younger people these days choose to drive less, are not having kids as much. Because everything has become disproportionately expensive.
I remember reading an article about diamond companies saying that they're losing sales because the majority of millennial's just don't care about that shiny crap.

Majority of engaged / married millennial females have diamond rings on their finger . I’d be willing to bet on that .

Old 03-06-2018, 06:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
There are 26 states with Republican trifectas so I guess they are kinda like Russia too?
Any State controlled by one party like CA is very similar.

Old 03-06-2018, 06:17 AM

Quote:
What does afford mean?

True, but many people will not admit they need to change their life style.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles