Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-19-2018, 12:27 AM

11,761 posts, read 7,334,061 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
San Diego is building 'big tents' for the homeless:

It may not be a perfect solution but it's better than doing nothing.
Enabling????

While the majority of the one's being enabled continue to leach. (Notice I said majority...meaning I'm acknowledging the minority of outliers who will not be tempted to the life of enablement)...The outliers are making an effort to break the cycle of enabling dependency. Bravo! *hands clapping *
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-19-2018, 02:20 AM

7,650 posts, read 5,170,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matadora View Post
Enabling????

While the majority of the one's being enabled continue to leach. (Notice I said majority...meaning I'm acknowledging the minority of outliers who will not be tempted to the life of enablement)...The outliers are making an effort to break the cycle of enabling dependency. Bravo! *hands clapping *
Considering how much we spend on the military to protect domestic war criminals and the filthy rich, I would not mind some of my tax dollars to build a tent for drunks. They are obviously trying to drown out their life.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pittsflyer View Post
Considering how much we spend on the military to protect domestic war criminals and the filthy rich, I would not mind some of my tax dollars to build a tent for drunks. They are obviously trying to drown out their life.
Then by all means feel free to supplement them from your own funds as you see fit.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:48 AM

Quote:
Then by all means feel free to supplement them from your own funds as you see fit.
If they chose to use some of my federal tax dollars for it I would not have an issue. Because of how much taxes were taken out of me in the past to protect the rich and war criminals I dont have much to give personally.

Old 04-19-2018, 02:57 AM

Quote:
If they chose to use some of my federal tax dollars for it I would not have an issue. Because of how much taxes were taken out of me in the past to protect the rich and war criminals I dont have much to give personally.
I am certain that our tax dollars are already being funneled to help them.

I despise my tax dollars being funneled to pay for bank bail outs or Wall Street scandals.

I would rather see that money going to help pay off student loans debts or better yet pay for serious college students tuition.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:07 AM

Quote:
I am certain that our tax dollars are already being funneled to help them.

I despise my tax dollars being funneled to pay for bank bail outs or Wall Street scandals.

I would rather see that money going to help pay off student loans debts or better yet pay for serious college students tuition.
The reason that wal street gets away with it is due to military protection and our extreme police state that defends these people from most retaliation of their actions.

When your taxes pay for the military industrial complex that is not paying to protect your freedom, it is paying to protect the rich, war criminals and economic war criminals. The military, for the most part, preys on desperate young people who cant make it in the civilian job market and get them for CHEAP to do the bidding of the rich and we pay for the equipment for them to do so. Very expensive very high tech equipment that keeps retaliation in check and allows the rich to get richer in peace.

It is impossibe for such wealth disparity to exist without a massive police/military state because otherwise we would have a revolution.

As long as the student loan pay offs are retro active, mine are already paid off but it put me WAY behind in life.

Old 04-19-2018, 03:10 AM

Quote:
The reason that wal street gets away with it is due to military protection and our extreme police state that defends these people from most retaliation of their actions.

When your taxes pay for the military industrial complex that is not paying to protect your freedom, it is paying to protect the rich, war criminals and economic war criminals. The military, for the most part, preys on desperate young people who cant make it in the civilian job market and get them for CHEAP to do the bidding of the rich and we pay for the equipment for them to do so. Very expensive very high tech equipment that keeps retaliation in check and allows the rich to get richer in peace.

It is impossibe for such wealth disparity to exist without a massive police/military state because otherwise we would have a revolution.
I am all for a revolution! The US is on a sinking ship full of dumbed down anti-science fools. The Military Industry Complex is an old worn out concept that serves nothing good.

The US government benefits from having a dumbed down population. They have been dumbing down our population for years and years.

Instead of being angry at the clowns in power it would be better to educate the people who put them in office.

Old 04-19-2018, 07:15 AM

42,842 posts, read 26,660,739 times
Quote:
Enabling????

Strange comment, you don't want the homeless living on the sidewalk but you consider providing them with a cot in a tent to be "enabling"

Old 04-19-2018, 09:11 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,039,537 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Strange comment, you don't want the homeless living on the sidewalk but you consider providing them with a cot in a tent to be "enabling"
It's a tax subsidized entitlement provided by taxpayers on their DIME. There are plenty of other adults who don't live on the sidewalk (myself included) that aren't asking for free handouts.

What do taxpayers get back from housing an adult for free in perpetuity?

Old 04-19-2018, 09:12 AM

6,089 posts, read 5,039,537 times
Quote:
Why not just give them some medically assisted suicide? Would be cheaper.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles