Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 08:16 PM

2,148 posts, read 2,932,779 times

Advertisements

If not peets coffee a small local coffee place would be nice. There is already too many starbucks and coffee beans in the area
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2015, 10:57 PM

A Barnes and Noble would also make a nice addition to Westfield Topanga village

Old 01-26-2015, 11:22 AM

I drove by the site this morning and it looks good

Old 01-26-2015, 12:08 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,559,056 times
Westfield Topanga has the advantage of being a market that is fed by the money in Woodland Hills, the Tarzana Hills, Calabassas, Agoura Hills, Lake Chatsworth, Topanga Canyon and Encino. But remember, the mall itself is in Canoga Park, not Woodland Hills. Victory is the dividing line between those districts.

I have to say, though, I was really disappointed in the look/feel of the Macy*s store back in November when I was at Topanga Plaza. It looked run down and felt dilapidated. Worse, with all of the merchandise pushed into aisles and haphazardly stacked or hung on racks, it was starting to give off this icky "Swap Meet" vibe. I hope that they can clean that store up.

Old 01-26-2015, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Westfield Topanga has the advantage of being a market that is fed by the money in Woodland Hills, the Tarzana Hills, Calabassas, Agoura Hills, Lake Chatsworth, Topanga Canyon and Encino. But remember, the mall itself is in Canoga Park, not Woodland Hills. Victory is the dividing line between those districts.

I have to say, though, I was really disappointed in the look/feel of the Macy*s store back in November when I was at Topanga Plaza. It looked run down and felt dilapidated. Worse, with all of the merchandise pushed into aisles and haphazardly stacked or hung on racks, it was starting to give off this icky "Swap Meet" vibe. I hope that they can clean that store up.
Most Macy's stores are run down and dilapidated. I was at Macy's century city and they had tons of merchandise all over the place and looked like a flee market mess.

Old 01-26-2015, 04:10 PM

3,049 posts, read 4,559,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Most Macy's stores are run down and dilapidated. I was at Macy's century city and they had tons of merchandise all over the place and looked like a flee market mess.
Sad because I've been in Walmarts that were cleaner and better organized!

Old 01-26-2015, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kttam186290 View Post
Sad because I've been in Walmarts that were cleaner and better organized!
So have I

Old 01-26-2015, 06:35 PM

73 posts, read 119,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatAngMoh View Post
I doubt it can top the Grove as far as being "the scene." It seems the latest trend at the Grove is people brining their dogs out for a walk there.
couldn't disagree more with you. The Village along with Topanga & Promenade will be the largest regional center in California and one of the largest in the country. It's destined to be "the scene" for not only the Valley, but also the entire Los Angeles as well. The Grove really is just a tourist attraction, not much to be scene as it's not many shops or restaurants there.
The Village at westfield Topanga will have better shopping and dining options than the Grove. Also Westfield Topanga is already a celeb haven with the likes of Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Kim Kardashian, Katie Holmes, Drake, and many others shopping there, the Village is destined to be the new "hot spot". Flagship Nordstrom, Neiman' Marcus, Macy's, Costco, Target, and Bloomingdale's (In the Works), this will be the new retail destination for Southern California competing with South Coast Plaza down in Orange County.

Old 01-26-2015, 06:36 PM

73 posts, read 119,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by annonymous0381 View Post
Anyone know if there is going to be a coffee store or ice cream shop in the project?
ghirardelli soda fountain & chocolate shop will be opening in the village. It will be wonderful!

Old 01-26-2015, 07:39 PM

822 posts, read 1,286,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Youngcorporate View Post
couldn't disagree more with you. The Village along with Topanga & Promenade will be the largest regional center in California and one of the largest in the country. It's destined to be "the scene" for not only the Valley, but also the entire Los Angeles as well. The Grove really is just a tourist attraction, not much to be scene as it's not many shops or restaurants there.
The Village at westfield Topanga will have better shopping and dining options than the Grove. Also Westfield Topanga is already a celeb haven with the likes of Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson, Kim Kardashian, Katie Holmes, Drake, and many others shopping there, the Village is destined to be the new "hot spot". Flagship Nordstrom, Neiman' Marcus, Macy's, Costco, Target, and Bloomingdale's (In the Works), this will be the new retail destination for Southern California competing with South Coast Plaza down in Orange County.
Your take is intriguing. I guess if people are enamored with the stars then that will be the destination. What man wouldn't want to try Kathie Holmes but I'm not so sure someone say living in Montebello or Downey would care about the place.

Last edited by BeatAngMoh; 01-26-2015 at 08:15 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles