Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-18-2012, 12:48 AM

11 posts, read 25,965 times

Advertisements

Hi guys.

Might sound like a weird ass question, but posting this from a PC that isn't mine, so I've got to be quick.

What's single life like in LA if you are say 29/30'ish. Is it a great town for being single, or is the women/men ration ****ed up? Nightlife okey?

I'm thinking about relocating, but really unsure about what and when. Cheers
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-18-2012, 02:13 AM

203 posts, read 580,500 times
It's great. Greatest place ever.

It's horrible. Worst place ever.

And everything inbetween.

Sorry...that might not help, but that's how I'd call it

Old 04-18-2012, 08:12 AM

1,176 posts, read 3,196,587 times
What part of L.A.? What are your interests? Just looking to meet someone, whether for a relationship or just to get laid?

Old 04-18-2012, 04:18 PM

106 posts, read 171,968 times
There are several details you have to provide before anyone can answer that question helpfully.

Old 04-18-2012, 08:22 PM

6,587 posts, read 17,627,125 times
Are you talking about dating? Because if so, then if you're a man looking for a good-looking young woman, you need to have a well-endowed wallet. (Sorry, but it's the truth!) If you revise your expectations a little, then you won't be disappointed.

Old 04-19-2012, 02:18 AM

Apologies. Tried to log on an answer, but I ****ed up my password loads and got blocked for 15 minutes, asked for a new PW and forgot I was blocked. So sat here nerd raging and cursing at this site before I realised I was proper thick.

Okey, this is my story. I'm from Europe. One of the small filthy rich countries, let's keep it at that lol.
I went into the military at 20. Got out, worked a fair few jobs which literally nearly broke my back. Went on to the University. Finishing this year and are incredibly eager to settle somewhere else with different climate, people, culture, language, you name it. Just wanna try living another place.

Cali seems pretty chill. I've looked at different jobs and I doubt I will get more then $ 80 k from the bat. But if I don't do this now, I won't ever do it. Tbf I'd even take jobs as low as 60 k, simply cause I think starting low and showing you are worth a raise is a good policy.

It's not of great importance to me where I live around LA, though I've been told I should live close to my work. I'm an environmental engineer/geo.technical adviser if that makes a difference. I do know how to drive a car haha.

I'm not really someone that craves everything to be perfect and pretty. I don't expect the LA life you see on the telly. It's more that I wanna try living somewhere else, get it on my CV and move on with my life. I've lived pretty levelheaded and poorly my entire life, so I'd argue anything is okey in my book.

Obviously as a single nearly 30 year old dude, I'm keen on dating. I'm not that shabby looking, enjoy working out. But dating is obviously something I wanna do wherever I go. Though the dating scene can't be that different from women I've met in Germany, England, Sweden, Russia. Women are women. I think at least lol.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:06 AM

13,827 posts, read 30,133,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryon View Post
I doubt I will get more then $ 80 k from the bat. But if I don't do this now, I won't ever do it. Tbf I'd even take jobs as low as 60 k, simply cause I think starting low and showing you are worth a raise is a good policy.
You might want to revise those figures....

Old 04-19-2012, 04:14 AM

I've been living off $ 800 a month for 5 years now. Think I could handle 60 k a year lol

Old 04-19-2012, 04:30 AM

13,827 posts, read 30,133,575 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baryon View Post
I've been living off $ 800 a month for 5 years now. Think I could handle 60 k a year lol
More in the context of, hopefully you can find a job in LA making that much, $60K isn't exactly "starting low", the median annual wage for a "full-time, year round, male worker in LA/OC is $44,410.

Old 04-19-2012, 04:32 AM

Oh apologies. Guess I'm coloured from wages where I live. Though I'm surprised it's that low. Most jobs I've looked at seems to offer 60 - 100 relative to experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles