Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-30-2007, 12:31 PM

1 posts, read 6,520 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone! I am hoping to get some kind of response by using this since it is my 1st time. I am a single mother living out hhere in San Diego, I need to move out of here a.s.a.p. due to a messy, messy relationship with my son's father! I would love to relocate out there to Long Beach, Carson, L.A. etc... my only problem is that I would have to start all over as far as finding a new job and new home for my son and I? Does anyone know any jobs who offer relocation expenses? As of now, I am a certified Financial Planning Officer at a vocational school out here...please help someone...leads are very much appreciated! Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-30-2007, 01:04 PM
SJU

131 posts, read 722,769 times
Not to delve into your personal life, but I hope you're not running away just because your relationship with him is messy. I had a friend who couldn't get along with his ex and she high-tailed it to LA (from Indiana) years ago with his three kids just to get away from him. He hasn't seen them in 3 years, courts won't help, now all three kids are in therapy and are on behavioral drugs, she just declared bankruptcy and is living in a 2 bedroom shoebox somewhere in the SF valley. Not to say you aren't in real trouble with your son's father, but do try hard to salvage the relationship for your son's sake if possible.
That said, I know nothing about LA myself, but I'm trying to find a place to live there too!
Good luck

Old 04-30-2007, 02:13 PM

644 posts, read 3,320,659 times
Whether your moving for personal reasons, business, or because you're exiting a relationship, you need to go through the same process as everyone else does. Start sending out the resumes. Look for apartments on craigslist. If you need a loan, ask family members or friends.

Old 11-18-2010, 05:55 PM

1 posts, read 4,796 times
I agree-I am a single mother of 5 children, I too went through it with my ex-husband of 12 yrs, I have no family in San Diego I have nobody his family have all turned there backs on me as well, I work full time in a clinic and I am going to scholl for nursing, and from time to time I am harassed by my ex mind you he has not helped me at all nor does he show support to his children.... Why I honestly don't care, I guess what I am saying is that no matter what you are going though don't ever think you can't make it, or that you have to leave your home to get away.. Running away is never a smart way out, and I am sure your son is happy and has friends here, why uproot him.. You can do it, if I can you can, and I am unsure of what happen between you and your ex, but beleive me when I say I had it so rough, and I toyed with the idea of leaving too, and NO my kids home is San Diego, my friends are here and why am I going to let some SOB run me out of my life? Think about it.

Old 11-18-2010, 06:47 PM

6,664 posts, read 30,608,685 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edithpassi View Post
,,,, Does anyone know any jobs who offer relocation expenses? As of now, I am a certified Financial Planning Officer at a vocational school out here...please help someone...leads are very much appreciated! Thanks!
With thousands of applicants per job opening I doubt anyone in the state is going to pay relocation expenses.

Old 11-18-2010, 07:01 PM

3,360 posts, read 8,388,128 times
Exactly. We're basically in a Depression and even fast food jobs are being coveted by 40+ year old adults in these times. Relocation expenses? Not to be insensitive, but what planet are you living on? It ain't happening.

Old 11-19-2010, 05:02 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,702,774 times
opps,

The thread is 3 and 1/2 years old, bet the OP has left Ca by now.

Nita
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles