Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-26-2011, 04:35 PM

600 posts, read 1,473,598 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MortKing View Post
Yeah, guess I should edit my first post This thread is actually my first ever here on city-data forums. I expected people to tell me pros and cons of living in SoCal, what they love about the area and what the big deal is about SoCal.
Ok, now you're talkin.

Pros:

*weather - fantastic, sunny, mild temperatures, very little rain
*scenery - mountain backdrops, sunsets are amazing, beaches fantastic
*very diverse
*abundance of things to do
*friendly people (for the most part)

Cons:

*High cost of living
*jobs are scarce
*traffic
*crime/gang problems

what is the big deal you ask? I am not sure how to answer that, or even if So Cal is a big deal. I think what is portrayed on tv is not necessarily what is real. Its not all glitz and glam. You dont rub shoulders with celebrities every day. Life here isnt perfect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2011, 04:50 PM

12 posts, read 19,330 times
Thanks for answering. With "big deal" I mean like why are so many companies moving there? (not film industry) In Los Angeles, I noticed that there's alot of game studios. Also many people are moving there, not just because of the "Hollywood - Beverly Hills" thing. Or are they? I can tell you, if i'd like to take a trip to Los Angeles, most people would think that i'm one of those Hollywood-celebrities whores who are getting excited because of them. I'm so tired of that "stereotypical" thing "Oh, are you going to Hollywood, remember an autograph from Charlie Sheen!"
No, i'm going to see Los Angeles - good sides as well as bad. I saw the movie "Due Date" the other day. That movie resembled that very well One of the main characters also called L.A. for Hollywood and he chased the actor dream.. Haha, great movie btw.

Well with "the big deal" i mean many things, but the "pros" kinda answered that question
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles