Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-18-2008, 12:01 AM

3,955 posts, read 7,201,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
Everyone I've ever met from out of town talks about how the Italian food here sucks in comparison to their little Italy.
That's because most of the so-called Italian restaurants here are not even Italian owned. They are owned mostly by Middle Eastern people who don't know jack about how to cook Italian food. They probably make it their "Allah" way.lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-18-2008, 01:43 AM

956 posts, read 3,003,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroGuy View Post
They probably make it their "Allah" way.lol
They're more likely Sephardic.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
They're more likely Sephardic.
Well Italian food cannot be make Muslim or Jewish. It simply will not taste right.

Old 12-18-2008, 05:44 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,847,969 times
Quote:
Well Italian food cannot be make Muslim or Jewish. It simply will not taste right.
Huh? You saying there's no Jews or Muslims in Italy?

Old 12-18-2008, 11:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
There are a few but the Italian food they cook probably won't taste good to most Italians. I was raised on Italian food so I KNOW what its suppose to taste like!

Old 12-19-2008, 12:22 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,375 times
Quote:
That's because most of the so-called Italian restaurants here are not even Italian owned. They are owned mostly by Middle Eastern people who don't know jack about how to cook Italian food. They probably make it their "Allah" way.lol
Borat voice:

Good one!...........................................NOT !

Old 12-19-2008, 12:26 AM

1,636 posts, read 3,287,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatmancomics View Post
I'm Hispanic and I say bring on a little Italy. Everyone I've ever met from out of town talks about how the Italian food here sucks in comparison to their little Italy. Jimmy Kimmel and Adam Carola have brought the San Janeiro (?) festival to L.A. and there is still plenty of room in the downtown area to claim as a little Italy. Or, make it wherever there is the highest concentration of Italians. Someone mentioned Santa Monica as having a lot of Italians; sounds like a good place to me. Especially since Venice is so close by.
Hopefuly it won't be full of ass holes from the east coast who aren't welcoming to tourists or it will just dissapear all over again.

I wish LA had a Little Italy, but it just can't be built. If it did, it would definitely be cheesy(not in a good way), and wouldn't be authentic.

It has to grow organically. Maybe if Italy has some kind of disaster resulting in mass migration to a certain neighborhood in LA..........

But otherwise, it would just be corporate run faux ethnic neighborhood.

Old 12-19-2008, 01:26 AM

956 posts, read 3,003,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LASam View Post
They all left around 1939-40 and haven't been back since.

Old 12-19-2008, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
I wish LA had a Little Italy, but it just can't be built. If it did, it would definitely be cheesy(not in a good way), and wouldn't be authentic.

It has to grow organically. Maybe if Italy has some kind of disaster resulting in mass migration to a certain neighborhood in LA..........

But otherwise, it would just be corporate run faux ethnic neighborhood.
That's true. If people in Italy do emigrate these days they usually go to Australia. I heard Italian food down under is great!

Old 12-19-2008, 12:23 PM

2,318 posts, read 7,847,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Full-Blooded American View Post
They all left around 1939-40 and haven't been back since.
Upon further research, you may be correct about the Jews, but the Muslims have been coming back to Italy since the 80's and now number around 825,000. Source material in link below:

BBC NEWS | Europe | Muslims in Europe: Country guide
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles