Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-29-2013, 07:23 AM

115 posts, read 164,064 times

Advertisements

Pretty much what everyone else said. No reason for me to beat a dead horse lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2014, 08:02 PM

1,496 posts, read 1,862,671 times
Have lived in K-Town for about a year

pros:
-good value in renting compared to the rest of the city.
- food: korean bbq, japanese, mexican etc
- walkability to shops, supermarkets etc
- close to metro
- good nightlife energy

cons

- tough part of the city to meet people and make friends. LA is tougher than most cities to make friends (this is due to geography not the personalities of Angelenos) but K-Town i think is the toughest. Part of this is the impression I get that Koreans are skeptical of the individual. If you're new in town and go into a K-Town bar by yourself you may be looked at as an outsider. Koreans eat and drink in large groups and from what I've observed they don't socialize outside of those groups.

- bars/drinking establishments. There is a lack of good bars in Koreatown. This is probably a personal preference of mine but I like pubs. The HMS Bounty is an interesting bar but the beer options are seriously lacking. They don't even have draft beer. The Prince is nice but once happy hour ends the prices for draft beer go through the roof. I can't think of any other pubs in K-Town that are worthwhile. Most are food establishments that will also serve alcohol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles