Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2010, 07:22 PM

54 posts, read 78,962 times

Advertisements

Any advice on a weekend getaway from Los Angeles? Preferably a beach Hotel/Resort. I'm looking for nice, but I don't need to be pampered. Historic would be an added bonus. Many of the resorts seem way too high end; like they don't want you sit on the furniture. On the other hand, I'm not looking for a backpackers hotel. I will be there in Mid November and dont mind driving all the way to San Diego, or North for a similar distance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-14-2010, 07:30 PM

7,411 posts, read 10,405,910 times
Santa Barbara is a nice getaway not more than 2 hours drive from Los Angeles & is especially nice in November. The beach hotels are pricey but less expensive places are available near State street [main drag]. Santa Barbara is an historic city with probably the nicest mission in California and the city has some great Spanish style architecture, beautiful beaches, good food and clubs.

Also Ojai Valley is well worth the side trip for an artist colony, horse ranches and hiking. Or the Santa Ynez valley for wine tasting.

Old 09-14-2010, 08:40 PM

5,381 posts, read 8,699,721 times
Renaissance ClubSport Aliso Viejo
http://www.renaissanceclubsport.com/aliso-viejo/home.do

It’s a casual sports hotel and spa, but definitely not a “backpacker’s hotel,” so you don’t have to worry about sitting on the furniture, or relaxing around the outdoor fire pits at night. The hotel is located in Aliso Viejo, and the ocean, at Laguna Beach, is about ten minutes away.

BTW, Aliso Viejo is located just off the coast, midway between LA and San Diego.

Old 09-15-2010, 11:15 AM

1,786 posts, read 6,904,439 times
I've heard good things about the Coronado Island Marriott in San Diego.

Old 09-15-2010, 12:02 PM

6,116 posts, read 12,621,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Santa Barbara is a nice getaway not more than 2 hours drive from Los Angeles & is especially nice in November. The beach hotels are pricey but less expensive places are available near State street [main drag]. Santa Barbara is an historic city with probably the nicest mission in California and the city has some great Spanish style architecture, beautiful beaches, good food and clubs.
SB is a great weekend getaway. There are great hotels in ALL price ranges.

Old 09-15-2010, 03:51 PM

1,963 posts, read 5,629,147 times
just beware of the traffic on the way back from SB!

personally, I like the Terranea. It's a great resort getaway that's close to home & flies under the radar. The guy at the bar even said the Kardashian's & their entourage were guests a few weeks back before I checked in.

Also a favorite is the Lodge at Torrey Pines. They've got fairly priced packages and it's perfect for family gatherings with stunning beaches, a world-class golfcourse & proximity to Legoland, Seaworld & Wild Animal Park for those with kids.

If you can afford it, try the Montage down in Laguna. I've only been for a wedding but WoW, the site is stunning.

Old 09-15-2010, 05:50 PM

274 posts, read 1,220,197 times
Coronado island( san diego) is lovely- its beach made the top ten beaches in the US recently. We stay in el ranchos motel which is about 80 bucks a night- very basic but clean and walking distance to that beach.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2022 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > California > Los Angeles