Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2007, 08:38 AM

59 posts, read 272,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinquick View Post
hey, i came to this forum looking for info on the average price of a lipa bill in nassau county. i got drawn into another thread but i'm back to my objective.

cape house in valley stream: $400-$600 every two months
3 bed apt in lynbrook: $130-$250

can i get responses from you guys? type of housing and average bill? thanks in advance.
Well three years ago when I last lived in NY, I had a three bedroom first floor apartment (the house was a two family) in Long Beach and when I left I was paying about $120 a month.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-12-2007, 08:19 PM

3,669 posts, read 6,575,509 times
4 BR 2 Bath home, approximately 2300 square feet and central air was approximately $180 per month on balanced billing.

Old 10-06-2007, 07:25 AM

575 posts, read 1,516,096 times
Default Good News RDU

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYC2RDU View Post
4 BR 2 Bath home, approximately 2300 square feet and central air was approximately $180 per month on balanced billing.

Duke Energy agreed Friday to decrease its N.C. power rates -- the first base-rate change for the utility in 16 years.

The victory for customers is a turnaround from the utility's summer request to pump up what it charges for power. If approved by state regulators, the new rates would take effect Jan. 1.

State regulators ordered Duke to review its rates following the merger last year with Ohio-based Cinergy, which turned the combined utility into one of the largest electric power companies in the country.

Under a compromise with consumer advocates and state officials, the Charlotte-based utility agreed to an overall rate reduction of 5.9 percent. Residential customers would see an overall 3.85 percent cut

WONDER HOW MUCH OF A SURCHARE INCREASE LIPA WILL BE GETTING NEXT, ON TOP OF THEIR RATES

Old 10-06-2007, 10:29 AM

16,966 posts, read 34,715,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post
Duke Energy agreed Friday to decrease its N.C. power rates -- the first base-rate change for the utility in 16 years.

The victory for customers is a turnaround from the utility's summer request to pump up what it charges for power. If approved by state regulators, the new rates would take effect Jan. 1.

State regulators ordered Duke to review its rates following the merger last year with Ohio-based Cinergy, which turned the combined utility into one of the largest electric power companies in the country.

Under a compromise with consumer advocates and state officials, the Charlotte-based utility agreed to an overall rate reduction of 5.9 percent. Residential customers would see an overall 3.85 percent cut

WONDER HOW MUCH OF A SURCHARE INCREASE LIPA WILL BE GETTING NEXT, ON TOP OF THEIR RATES
I am getting strangled by LIPA -- $302/month balanced billing on an 1800 sq foot house. OHW heat, gas stove, gas dryer. We have been replacing the old bulbs with the CF bulbs (Currently have 10 in use), no CAC so I do use 3 window units during the worst of the summer -- I keep the house at 75-77, depending on the severity of the heat & humidity. As an asthmatic, I need the AC to breathe otherwise we wouldn't use it anywhere near as much. I keep the computer off when not in use, TVs off when no one is home. We do not have a pool, but have a hot tub which I keep at 80 when not in use. (Should be at 100-102) Last year I stopped doing Christmas lights, and I do not keep outside lights on unless I am expecting company or a family member to come home after dark. I am at my wit's end!

Old 10-06-2007, 06:03 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,764 times
I am in suffolk county and my last summer bill for two months was 530. That is with three large ac units that do the whole house, 4bd ranch ,with living room ,den and a sun room. plus a 38x18 built in pool running 8hrs a day. I guess that is not to bad , oh yea two adults and two teenagers live here and all have tvs and computers, I dont think they are ever off .LOL. this time of year I should be at 200 to 300. for two months.mid summer about 590 for two months. also the stove and dryer are electric.that dryer runs twice a day.

Old 10-06-2007, 06:18 PM

242 posts, read 1,213,389 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY62 View Post
I am in suffolk county and my last summer bill for two months was 530. That is with three large ac units that do the whole house, 4bd ranch ,with living room ,den and a sun room. plus a 38x18 built in pool running 8hrs a day. I guess that is not to bad , oh yea two adults and two teenagers live here and all have tvs and computers, I dont think they are ever off .LOL. this time of year I should be at 200 to 300. for two months.mid summer about 590 for two months. also the stove and dryer are electric.that dryer runs twice a day.
I'd say thats pretty good. I have a similar setup with indiv window ac's, inground 16 x 32 pool running about 8 hr (1 HP pump, no heater), electric stove, washer / dryer, 3 adults and a 21 yr old - an adult but not far removed from a teenager. We have a 2400 sq ft Hi Ranch - 5 br, 3 bath. We have CF's bulbs wherever we can, energy efficient washer/dryer. We avg about $500 per month during summer months. In winter it's about $250 per month. Almost half of the charges are the "surcharges" which is kind of insane in itself. We have oil heat/hot water - thats a whole other story - about $550 per month during winter months and, thankfully, almost nothing during summer as 1 tank usually lasts from May through end of september. The alternative of Natural gas from keyspan probably will not be any better in the long run in terms of cost. These are some of the major reasons we want off Long Island and out of NY.

Last edited by Andy64; 10-06-2007 at 06:29 PM..

Old 10-06-2007, 07:04 PM

553 posts, read 1,934,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy64 View Post
I'd say thats pretty good. I have a similar setup with indiv window ac's, inground 16 x 32 pool running about 8 hr (1 HP pump, no heater), electric stove, washer / dryer, 3 adults and a 21 yr old - an adult but not far removed from a teenager. We have a 2400 sq ft Hi Ranch - 5 br, 3 bath. We have CF's bulbs wherever we can, energy efficient washer/dryer. We avg about $500 per month during summer months. In winter it's about $250 per month. Almost half of the charges are the "surcharges" which is kind of insane in itself. We have oil heat/hot water - thats a whole other story - about $550 per month during winter months and, thankfully, almost nothing during summer as 1 tank usually lasts from May through end of september. The alternative of Natural gas from keyspan probably will not be any better in the long run in terms of cost. These are some of the major reasons we want off Long Island and out of NY.
500 a month wow that is crazy, I guess I am lucky. I have oil hot air heat and oil hot water also , costs next to nothing in the summer but winter is terrible I would say 500 a month is about rite in mid jan and feb. I am sick of the fill ups at $750.that hurts.

Old 10-06-2007, 08:03 PM

1,876 posts, read 2,677,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diamondplayer View Post

WONDER HOW MUCH OF A SURCHARE INCREASE LIPA WILL BE GETTING

NEXT, ON TOP OF THEIR RATES
....but the bad news is that you gotta
live in Charlotte.

C
140/2000sft

Old 10-08-2007, 08:25 AM

40 posts, read 129,905 times
140 a month is that including your heat. If it is someone has been using magnets near their meter. LOL

Old 10-08-2007, 09:26 AM

2,160 posts, read 7,515,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bnocher View Post
140 a month is that including your heat. If it is someone has been using magnets near their meter. LOL
Does that really work????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > New York > Long Island